Black screen on call app after 6.0.1 update

gkatch22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
If I use the voice for a voice call, the screen goes black. I can't get a keypad or anything else on the screen. The power button does nothing. After the call ends I can get the screen to turn on by holding the camera button, or waiting about a minute and trying the power button again. Looks like factory reset time...

gkatch22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Factory reset did not fix this. I skipped all the extra setup for networking and login, and the screen goes blank during a call.

And by the way, Xperia Companion for Mac did not help me much. After doing the restore my home screen looked nothing like it used to. Restoring from my Google account did put my data back, but I have to manually reinstall dozens of apps from the Play Store.

Christian894

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
If I use the voice for a voice call, the screen goes black. I can't get a keypad or anything else on the screen. The power button does nothing. After the call ends I can get the screen to turn on by holding the camera button, or waiting about a minute and trying the power button again. Looks like factory reset time...

Hie.
I have a similar issue with my Z3 Compact but I am using Android Version 5.02 Lollipop. How did you finally solve your issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There might be a problem with the proximity sensor. Does this happen if you use speakerphone only? Does the phone have a case or screen protector?

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I just resurrected my Z3c and updated it today to 6.0.1 with the May 1, 2016 security patch (only a year behind, yay me!). I'm having this problem as well, and have taken the cover off to confirm that it doesn't appear to be related to the proximity sensor.

Was this issue resolved? And, if so, how?

Thanks
Jack in NC

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Check that, it's totally the proximity sensor. By "resurrected," I meant that there were a couple hardware repairs made by a non-Sony person, including changing the headphone jack. I think that might be a problem. I'm not sure if I should take it back, or just try to root it and disable the proximity sensor.

If anyone knows of any other thoughts, please let me know. I'm pretty confident this is a hardware problem now, so I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to disable the prox sensor without root.

Thanks
Jack in NC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo