Can I get some help with a Magnetic Port Problem?

strangelyfamiliar

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Magnetic Port Problem

Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask if anyone of you has experienced problem/trouble with your magnetic charging port.

I bought a magnector x2 (adapter) the other day. I tried it with my Z3 and found it hard to use. I have to tilt it a bit on the side to make it work. At first I thought the problem was the magnector. I went back to the store where I bought it from and asked for a replacement. After testing it, the problem was still the same.

Yesterday, I tried the magnector I bought with my office mate's Z3 phone. It was a perfect fit!

Today, I tried 2 different magnetic chargers and experienced the same. It needs to be tilted to work.

I find it very frustrating since this is only a 2-week old phone.

If someone has experienced the same dilemma, please share what you've done to fix it :(

rspierenburg

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Magnetic Port Problem

If its only 2 weeks old I would definitely try to have it replaced. Anything you try to fix it could potentially make it worse. I would take the phone and the magnector with you to where you bought it, show that it doesn't work and see if they have one there to test it themselves.

Rob

strangelyfamiliar

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

If its only 2 weeks old I would definitely try to have it replaced. Anything you try to fix it could potentially make it worse. I would take the phone and the magnector with you to where you bought it, show that it doesn't work and see if they have one there to test it themselves.

Rob

The problem is, I bought it from grey market.. So they only gave me 7 days replacement warranty and 1 year service warranty.. I feel bad cause if there's something need to replace I'd have to pay for it =/

droid4lyf

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a casing? When I first used my magnetic charger, it tilted to the side a bit but it was still charging. When I put on a Ringke casing on my phone, the magnetic charger fits perfectly. No wiggling or tilting or anything.

Lakshya Rajput

May 1, 2015
Visit site

The magnetic charging dock is ossum works perfect! The charging is a bit slow but this invention is a top notch by sony!

Posted via the Android Central App

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask if anyone of you has experienced problem/trouble with your magnetic charging port.

I bought a magnector x2 (adapter) the other day. I tried it with my Z3 and found it hard to use. I have to tilt it a bit on the side to make it work. At first I thought the problem was the magnector. I went back to the store where I bought it from and asked for a replacement. After testing it, the problem was still the same.

Yesterday, I tried the magnector I bought with my office mate's Z3 phone. It was a perfect fit!

Today, I tried 2 different magnetic chargers and experienced the same. It needs to be tilted to work.

I find it very frustrating since this is only a 2-week old phone.

If someone has experienced the same dilemma, please share what you've done to fix it :(

get this original works fine very easy to connect .

"Hi guys today i received my magnetic charger (Magnector X )from amazon i purchased a so called magnetic adapter from ebay a generic one but that did not work it was all flimsy and unsecured i could not make a phone call while it was charging, sometimes when you phone is out of juice and you jump into your car and you don't have your Bluetooth ear set and need to make a important phone call or you just simple like to charge your phone at home without frustration, needless to say the Z3 has a excellent battery life it last all day and and even longer.

So i got this charger cord with the magnetic adapter it is fits my phone perfect it has a very strong magnet you don't need to line it up it will just find its place when you put it close to the charging port and start to charge. i have a TPU case on my phone from amazon also and it has a cut out for the port and this charger fits fine .
i included some pictures i know it is just a cable but it is a very high quality one with very nice plastic and rubber cord whoever appreciate quality for your money will love this one , it came in a nice little pouch very nicely packed and made in Korea, i have a nexus 10 and i also use a pogo charger which is very similar to this one in quality,

As you can see on the picture i placed side by side the generic one and the magnector x cable,
the generic one has a different design it does not allows it to snap in place because its profile is different when i was using that one it was just hanging there and no secure connection.

Anyway i just wanted to share my experience with whoever looking for this cable i have nothing to do with the company im just a happy costumer.
hope its helps!"

Hexme

May 12, 2015
Visit site

I tried using quite a few of non genuine magnetic chargers but was unimpressed. I purchased the genuine phone dock and tablet dock for my Z2 and both work perfectly.

HTH.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Here I thought I was the only one having the same problem. I think it's a assembly/manufacture defect because when I try to press the side of the magnetic charging port, the magnetic charging cable works. So I assume that there is a tiny clearance with the contact points of the magnetic charging port to the board inside the unit. Unfortunately I bought my Sony XZ3 on greymarket so I really have to pay for the repair. Please give update on how you solved this problem. Thank you.

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

The problem is, I bought it from grey market.. So they only gave me 7 days replacement warranty and 1 year service warranty.. I feel bad cause if there's something need to replace I'd have to pay for it =/

hi i have the same issue i got the sony z3 from tmobile when it came out first day, the magnector cable from ebay worked fine and it was very secure after i had issue with the phone because after the update volume went down so i got a replacement phone connector worked fine after couple weeks my battery died so i was not able to charge the phone so i got the second replacement and this one has the same issue as you describe when i use a high quality magtron cable i need to hold it in place otherwise it wont charge it has to do with the connector on the phone must be faulty it is really frustrating so its not the cable i can confirm because it use to work perfect on my first z3.