Just picked my Z3v up

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just picked mine up yesterday and traded my Note 4 for it. I also currently own a Droid Turbo as well.

I'm just ready to get that Christmas "gift" for myself and was on the fence with the Turbo and now the Sony is pulling me off after reading most of the posts here. What do you find different between your Turbo and now the Z3v? Also any bugs or issues come up yet on either phone to sway you liking one over the other?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm just ready to get that Christmas "gift" for myself and was on the fence with the Turbo and now the Sony is pulling me off after reading most of the posts here. What do you find different between your Turbo and now the Z3v? Also any bugs or issues come up yet on either phone to sway you liking one over the other?
I honestly have not enough nice things to say about the Z3v. Battery life on the Z3v is better than I was getting on the turbo. With my normal usage I was have 20-30% at the end of the day with the turbo. Now with the Z3v I have 60-70% battery life at the end of the day.

I have zero lag but the turbo was fast as well. Everything works exceptionally well.

Camera is fantastic and much better than the turbo. Both in terms of speed and quality. The camera on the turbo is good but it is super slow.

Being water proof is a nice bonus.

I did have one issue with not receiving MMS or it taking a while to arrive on the Z3v. I switched my setting from global to LTE/CDMA and that's no longer a issue so that problem is fixed.

Overall the Z3v is hands down the best phone I have owned. With (at least for me) no sacrifices being made. Great battery life, great camera, no lag, waterproof, wireless charging and many more.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Overall the Z3v is hands down the best phone I have owned. With (at least for me) no sacrifices being made. Great battery life, great camera, no lag, waterproof, wireless charging and many more.

Thanks for the reply. I'm happily sitting on a 2013 Moto X that's been (and still is) a great first smartphone after holding on to a Motorola i580 for many years. Ready for a different 'path' as I was really looking forward to the Turbo but the big battery wasn't that important for me as a good shooter, decent screen with average sRGB profile, expandable memory, and I just wanted to give the Z3v a try. Oh, and the Qi wireless charging looks real interesting !

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Z3v for about 2 weeks and I must say, it is a fantastic phone. Traded a Note 3 in on it as I wanted to move away from Samsung for awhile. Had wireless charging on the Note and one of the deciding factors for getting the Sony was the built-in Qi charging ability. The build quality, dual front facing speakers, waterproofing, camera quality, and nice screen were factors that made up for the loss in screen real estate. Also, this phone is fast! No lag on mine at all. I had to constantly turn off location, wi-fi, minimize screen brightness and turn off most background services on the Note just to barely get 3 hrs of on screen time. With the Z3v, I have to fight to get it to die before 12hrs of use with everything running. With Stamina mode, I can get a solid 1.5 days of steady, heavy use with screen brightness relatively low.
My only cons are:
-The stock photo gallery is absolutely horrible. There doesn't seem to be any way to create folders and segregate pictures unless you use a file explorer. it is only segregated by date. One positive: you can hide pictures.
-The glass back panel tends to reverberate when playing music or using the earpiece for phone calls. Tapping the back panel with your finger returns a pretty hollow sound making me think there is an acoustic space back there for he speakers? Kinda cheap feeling
-Support on forums is lacking
-Don't look at or hold a Z3 before or after getting this phone. Build quality between the two is drastically better on the Z3 in my opinion

Other than that, glad to finally have the opportunity to own a Sony phone!

reversible

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
-Support on forums is lacking
-Don't look at or hold a Z3 before or after getting this phone. Build quality between the two is drastically better on the Z3 in my opinion
Blame Verizon for throwing the Z3v under the bus and pushing the Turbo, and even the S5, instead. The second point, while true, isn't all that bad when you consider the reports of camera and water resistance issues on the Z3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87