life with my new z5c

North60

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
As a new z5c owner I thought I'd add my .25.

A couple weeks in and overall I'm very pleased.

The only thing i can really knock the device for are the volume and camera button. Coming from a BB Curve which has rubber covers over these buttons the plastic feels frail. I generally have the phone on speaker so the position of the volume button is fine for me. On the rare occasion I'm talking in public or need more privacy it's just a matter of holding the phone lower.

The other annoyance is Accuweather. Apparently it's impossible to get rid of. Sony has done a nice job of keeping the bloatware to a minimum which i VERY much appreciate. It just annoys me that this weather app should be so...protected? It's ok but Accuweather is spread a little thin when trying to cover both Canada and the U.S. I know i can just disable and run the app i want but what can I say - it just annoys me and I'm not prepared to root my phone just to get rid of a wx. app /rantoff :)

The phone is fast and, other than some operator dysfunction, easy to navigate. I've tried to raise the temperature by recording video or streaming and the warmest i've seen is 32 degrees. It's unfortunate some of the 810's run so warm. I'm thankful this device seems to run cooler.

I'm not a professional photographer or instagramer but the pictures i have taken look excellent. I haven't played around with the options too much but again they are easy to navigate. I'll post a picture sometime when i find something worthwhile of sharing.

The screen resolution is just fine for me. I'm not making any big video demands of the small screen so have absolutely no misgivings here.

I miss my BB 9350's physical keyboard but swype is growing on me, auto-correct aside.

I'm glad i chose to invest in a z5c and look forward to using it for a few years to come.

I'm sure i could add more but fwiw I'll leave this here.

*oh ya - battery life is amazing! i keep the background data qued and have stamina mode turned one and get 2+ days on light usage easy!

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
thank you for the update.. can you post the following info:

what is the revision number? you can find this on the packaging.
which seller... if amazon third party please let me know the seller name.
any idea which region the device belongs to.. this is based on serial number (on the package)

AC@OPO

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update..

I agree that one of my minor nit picks is the location of the volume button. I wish it were higher up.

Screen is fine, phone runs cool and it's fast and snappy!

I have Weather disabled and it yes it's pretty much useless. Why it can't be deleted is odd..

North60

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
thank you for the update.. can you post the following info:

what is the revision number? you can find this on the packaging.
which seller... if amazon third party please let me know the seller name.
any idea which region the device belongs to.. this is based on serial number (on the package)

AC@OPO
Rev 1

The Amazon purchase came from Swiftronics Canada.

I can see no serial # specifically other than a Si # 1297-9958.

North60

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
The Xperiablog has a post from Jan. 4th declaring an open beta for a Sony weather app. that has an icon that looks suspiciously like Accuweather. Looking further into the comments the screen-shots show quite clearly the Accuweather app.

Curious that Sony would attempt/force a 'global' weather prediction app. when local wx. is difficult enough to predict - All depends on what source the app uses I suppose.

ah well - my Sony disabled list irks me far, far less than a Samsung one would.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch