Does phone overheatting cause battery damage?

Kerihawk

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
does phone overheatting can cause battery damage?

i have a problem that my phone can't open like usually without charging.. it is always die when my phone is not charging.. but, if i do not use my phone even my phone is not charging.. it does not die but when im trying to use my phone without charging.. it will die.. does phone overheatting can cause battery damage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: does phone overheatting can cause battery damage?

Welcome to Android Central! Excessively high temperatures can reduce overall battery life. But the behavior you're describing sounds like the battery is already failing (quick discharge, overheating, difficulty charging). Since the phone doesn't have a user-removable battery, you may have to bring it to a repair shop for a battery replacement. Or you could check YouTube to see if anyone has posted a do-it-yourself battery replacement guide for your phone.

freask

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: does phone overheatting can cause battery damage?

I had the same problem. (after 1 year of using)
One service say, that it was power controller.
Second service say that its not battery and its not conroller, they sad that it was power conductor (primary power supply circuit).
But when i send my ZL into official service - they sad that they only change my accumulator.
Since I haven't problems, it works fine after 4 month