Is anyone else NOT having problems with their capacitive buttons?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here with changing the 6 to 15 seconds on the timeout... now it works for me with no issues and they're pretty responsive...

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine. The GPS however.... The EVO, the Iphones, the Palm Pre.... They all have a better GPS. If outside to navigate it's nice. Try to use the BUMP app, and it'll take multiple tries. For people who truly tested the limits of the GPS on their phone, they will be disappointed by the one in the EPIC 4G.

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
my back button sucks. i have to hit it 2-4 times every time. the other buttons work much better, but i don't think any of them are as good as the evo's were.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
my back button sucks. i have to hit it 2-4 times every time. the other buttons work much better, but i don't think any of them are as good as the evo's were.

Similar behavior here, the back button seems to be the least responsive of the four on my unit.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They act the same as my moment and my XPS so Im not worried at all. Would still prefer hard buttons, but cant buck the trend.

edit: but you have hard buttons you big dummy!

edit2: yeah Im dumb >.<

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Doing just fine on mine, tho they did take a little getting used to. I'm glad their not as responsive as the LG I used to have. You couldn't touch that phone without it wigging out.
I've found a slightly lingering touch guarantees the button is "pressed" correctly.

Toast95135

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store today to play with an Epic (mine comes tomorrow :D ). The capacitive buttons worked 100% for me, I would press the back button with the pad of my thumb and it worked great. It didn't seen unresponsive to laggy either, I dunno.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
We should rename this the perfect Epic thread (I wish we could do that). No problems with mine, but the settings button in the corner takes getting used to because it's near the edge.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread or anything but my GPS was very accurate to. I clicked on Google Maps at it found me in seconds. I was inside my house too. I havnt made any adjustments to my GPS either.
Sheesh, inside your house means you are not using GPS, but tower triangulation. tower triangulation an be accurate to 30' easily but not 10' as you should get with modern smartphone GPS.
Please don't report success with tower triangulation exactly like you can get on Captivate or any other screwed up Galaxy GPS as validation of GPS.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

This issue made me head back to Radioshack and swap out my Epic. I did however see that using a Zagg InvisiShield does hinder the functionality of the capacitive keys. After being on my second device I am proud to say that it works better but my back button does give me a little grief at times.

sparkyr

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
This issue made me head back to Radioshack and swap out my Epic. I did however see that using a Zagg InvisiShield does hinder the functionality of the capacitive keys. After being on my second device I am proud to say that it works better but my back button does give me a little grief at times.

Man, I have been having a problem with mine. I had the original screen protector (with the writing) on while i was testing it since i plan on putting a Zagg on and thought that it would be similar. Removing that made it better (still not great). however, since i am going to have a screen protector I guess i should take it back and see if a different unit is better is more responsive? very frustrating.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Nope not having a problem with mine. I have the rubber case on my phone and the screen protector, although it doesn't cover the buttons. But it doesn't need to. And my buttons are very responsive.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest that the response of a capacitive screen will differ depending on the user and even weather/humidity. The fact that many people have no issue and others are very frustrated may be more to do with luck and the total of all the conditions. It may work perfect for you but hand the phone to someone else or take a trip to another climate and it may show a different response. I've seen how my wife has to hit the back button 5 times before it does it and it works on the first try for me. Granted my digits are a bunch bigger than her's so that is another factor.

It may not affect everyone, but there is definately a sensitivity issue going on here. I would think software may even help. I never imagined that the evo screen grounding/sensitivity issue at the top of the screen was correctable with software but HTC did it. Here's hoping Sammy can work some magic here.

docprego

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My menu button is a lot less responsive than the other three. I'm getting better at activating it but my EVO is 1000x more sensitive.

Orson

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that, for some reason, the capacitive buttons work better with my index finger than with my thumb. I have no explanation. (Callouses? Inadvertent effort difference? Thumb too fat and inadvertently pressing two?)

ndensham

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
None of my capacitive buttons work anymore. When I touch then, they respond with light but no tactile feedback and no function. Help!

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm nothaving any issues. A good way to use them is the swipe method if they aren't too responsive.

I guess I should have cecked the ate as I didn't know this was a necro'd thread.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk