Windows Media Player

CapsLockKey

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I understand the Vibrant you can use Windows Media Player for syncing purposes, takes care of album art and everything. I've found no other way to get my music on my phone other than drag and drop, and quite frankly that's a PITA. I assume this is because Sprint chose to get rid of the Samsung media player that shows up on the other models, or is it something else? Noticed the Kies software doesn't work with it either. My only real complaint so far with my Epic. Other than that, this phone has been fantastic.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I understand the Vibrant you can use Windows Media Player for syncing purposes, takes care of album art and everything. I've found no other way to get my music on my phone other than drag and drop, and quite frankly that's a PITA. I assume this is because Sprint chose to get rid of the Samsung media player that shows up on the other models, or is it something else? Noticed the Kies software doesn't work with it either. My only real complaint so far with my Epic. Other than that, this phone has been fantastic.

use "Double Twist", its free. Get the app for your phone and the program for your computer.

enjoy

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple ways to get music onto your phone.

Drag and drop is by far the easiest.. And You don't have to worry about DRM bs. Your ripped purchased music can be put on any device you wish..drag and drop from your desktop-to your android- or to your external media storage. Of course you should be sure your ID3 tags are in order but, those can be changed in most Music apps on the Epic.

Another solution I use is Drop Box. It just came out for android.. And Works great.. I can play my music library from my DropBox on my linux desktop right on my android.

Also as others mentioned here Double twist works with your computer and Phone..

CapsLockKey

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Drag and drop is by far the easiest.. And You don't have to worry about DRM bs.
It's easy if want to copy folders over. If you want individual songs you are stuck with no album art. I find it to be a PITA. Another big reason why I want to see WMP syncing ability is the Contributing/Album Artist tag. Drag/drop and crap like iTunes you end up getting like 12 different versions of the same artist whenever there's a song "featuring" someone else as well. Turns the artist listing into a huge mess in my opinion. For example, I put the Lonely Island album on my phone when I first got it, and there's like a dozen different artists from the same freaking album showing up because of it. I can sync my old Sansa with WMP and keeps that artist list to only The Lonely Island.

DJPellegrino

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I will have to double check, but I swear that i put music on my phone via WMP. I'm running Vista, so nothing out of the ordinary...I will double check anf get back to ya...

DJPellegrino

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I just hooked up my phone to the computer, mounted it, opened WMP. Added BTO's greatest hits the my playlist, and watched it sync the addtl album to my phone. Closed out WMP, safely removed the USB device, unmounted the Cell. Checked the music and shure enough, BTO's Greatest hits is now on my cell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non