Way to trick my wallpaper???

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This may be quite a dumb question...but I will ask it anyways.

I am wondering if there if a way to "trick" my wallpaper into thinking its a different size then it is.

basically, anytime i try to use a photo I took, and use it as a background/wallpaper, it stretches it height and lengthwise. I know, and understand that it has to go between all 7 screens, but how can i make it not cut off and distort my pics.

I am thinking theres probably a trick using a black background and selecting all of it or whatnot, but im really at a loss for ideas right now.

any one else know what I mean or a solution for it??

Thanks in advance :)

FallNAngel

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You want a background that's sized 960x800. So, you could just create a 960x800 image with what you want as your background appropriately placed on that, though I could've sworn there was an option to disable background image scrolling so it wouldn't distort the image.

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You want a background that's sized 960x800. So, you could just create a 960x800 image with what you want as your background appropriately placed on that, though I could've sworn there was an option to disable background image scrolling so it wouldn't distort the image.

I swore i've seen that too, i just dont know where!.

so far, ive tried uploading my pic to picnik.com and throwing a few plain black borders onto it and then emailing to myself, and using it as a background. works so far, and hopefully it will continue to, but knowing that dimension might help. =) thank you!

sushi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are wanting to disable scrolling, and are using ADW, then it's under ADW Settings, Screen Preferences. I believe LauncherPro also has this capability.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off wallpaper scrolling in launcherpro and ADW for sure...I thought you could in TW, but I can't remember for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress