User~End advice regarding battery life

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Could someone offer me some advice on their battery performance?...just a background I have gps turned off, I have auto sync and background sync off etc...my phone is idl a lot of time during work so for majority it sits, I may make a brief call or 2, but I'm mainly sms all day...so I charged all night took off charger at 8am, time now is 10.02am and all I have done is 2 sms text, gps for 10min, made this post, checked my bank balance....and accordingto this battery percent app I'm at 77%..is this normal? I jus dwnloaded the batt 3 days ago cause my phone died on me and I did not like that! O and the screen is set to auto adjust brightness and I manual sync the friends n feeds and my yahoo email my gmail is push offcourse....is this worth a sprint store visit for bad battery? And I don't think my settings are doing an injustice..I guess what I'm trying to decipher here is it worth my time to leave my phone at sprin Saturday? Or is this jus typical use and I need to deal or buy spare battery...but jeez loosing roughly 20% per hour seems a bit far fetched!!!! Ugh and I don't heavily use my phone till after work or on breaks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
It's hard to get a read, and beyond this pre-update battery test, I can't give you any solid personal experience at this point (especially since I think my situation with my basement office offers no viable information as a comparison). But most folks around the forum seem to be able to go a full day (18 hours or so) on a single charge, *if*:
  • Their phone sleeps properly
  • They've killed off the DRM service
  • They don't constantly play games on it
  • The number of calls they get are limited and relatively short
  • They're in decent Sprint service areas
If any one of those in that list is out of whack/violated, there's no telling what will happen to your phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member