Puzzle Piece

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think the puzzle piece lock screen is a property of Touch Wiz 3.0. The Epic runs an earlier version of TW.

Dallin Hampton

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Epic runs Touchwiz 3.0. The puzzle-piece lock slider is just one of the little final touches -- so to speak -- that didn't make it into Sprints Galaxy S phone.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Tha Boss ROM on XDA had "puzzle piece lock screen" as an upcoming feature for a while, and a new version of the ROM is coming out very soon (possibly tonight). As soon as it's released I'll post it in the Epic 4G ROMs/Hacks sub-forum.

Dallin Hampton

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the epic is running Touchwiz 2.5. It's like 3.0, but lacks a few features.

Although that is without a doubt possible, I find it very illogical that Sprint would do such a thing. Why would Sprint willingly give the other carriers a leg-up on their device when physically, Sprints Galaxy S phone is superior to the other carriers?

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the epic is running Touchwiz 2.5. It's like 3.0, but lacks a few features.

thats correct, they couldnt get 3.0 working and didnt want to delay the release of the phone any further so they went with what worked and hopefully 3.0 will be on the 2.2 froyo

GUARDiAN921

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
thats correct, they couldnt get 3.0 working and didnt want to delay the release of the phone any further so they went with what worked and hopefully 3.0 will be on the 2.2 froyo

I heard it was due to landscape problems, with 3.0 not being able to handle it. When I looked at the specs for the Epic on Sprint's official site a while back ago I saw it saying TW 2.5 but thought it was a typo, I guess not. Let's hope Froyo fixes this! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez