Built in ring tones are lame...how do I add more?

sgtboost

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The EPIC ring tones are not really what I would consider conducive to a business environment. I don't see a way to add other ring tones though. I am rooted. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

rmartin

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Check out Zedge in the market. I use this. It has thousands of ringtones, notifications, and even wallpaper, and its searchable. Its free.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
There are several options to add sound files as ringtones..

You can select any Mp3 file as a ringtone
Do a Google search for Ringtones.mp3

App market App Zedge allows you to search for ringtones..

Go to most android forums and search for ringtones. I found the entire Droid2 R2D2 ringtones here R2D2 Sounds? - Page 3 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Download Youtube Video converter Youtube Video converter download and convert any Youtube video to an Mp3 file than can then be loaded onto your phone.

Download free App Ringdroid.. allows you to edit Mp3 files and make your own ringtones on your phone.

On your desktop use Audacity to edit your own Mp3 files to ringtones.

Once you have selected ringtones to add be sure to place them on your SD card in the following directory.
sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

If your SD card does not have a media folder.
Create a media folder- sdcard/media
within the media folder create an audio sub-folder- sdcard/media/audio
within the sdcard/media/audio then create the following 3 sub folders
ringtones
alarms
notifications.

Store any sound files you want your system to recognize as designated system sounds as follows..
media/audio/ringtones/
media/audio/notifications/, or
media/audio/alarms/,
Also by storing system sounds in proper directory (sdcard/media/audio/...) they wont show up in your media players' play-list.

Last edited:

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
An easy way is to add an mp3 file while your playing it. All you have to do is hit the menu button (the one on the bottom far left) and select add as ringtone.

I have used ringlert as well, it has a lot of files on there to use and it's also free.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Go to Google and type mabilo ringtones. This app used to be in the market but was pulled due to copyright issues. Still great and still available through the developers website.

txtmikhail

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I use ringdroid. Its so easy and no pc required. Just select a song on your sdcard and edit it to about 30 sec and save as a ringtone or notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87