Changing one of the 4 icons on bottom of Home screen

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an Evo so I don't have this situation myself. My daughter has an Epic and wants to change one of the 4 icons on the bottom of the home screen. Specifically the stock messaging icon to handcent. The standard method doesn't work for these 4 and I couldn't find it in the settings. Thank you in advance. Bob

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
You can't change the bottom row on the Epic unless you use one of the other launchers available. I use ADWLauncher EX myself but others prefer Launcher Pro.

Reactions: deadeye99

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
She's 13. Probably won't be rooting. She spends enough time on the computer. Thank you for the responses. I'll let her try a launcher app unless someone has a better way. Bob

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The Froyo update- when it does push out will allow this customization you're looking for. Until then- any launcher replacement will do this. ZEAM is one of the easiest for manipulating the dock- simple drag and drop.

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
Last edited:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
She's 13. Probably won't be rooting. She spends enough time on the computer. Thank you for the responses. I'll let her try a launcher app unless someone has a better way. Bob

Launcher Pro is you rbest option. It gives you 3 scrollable launch bars that can be customized with hwat ever quick app launches she desires.

She can eve change the icons in each individual launch app.

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
You go into the apparently drawer and hit menu then select "edit" and just drag whatever u want into the spot

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
You guys should note the date of the thread. Everything said in January is true. Because the official Froyo update was not available in January. Froyo gave the ability to edit the TouchWiz dock bar......

I only saw when it was last updated, didn't see the thread start date, sorry

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana