Serious Handcent SMS/EB13 issue

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
My wife just sent me an MMS, and now when I go to open Handcent to view it, it shuts the screen off. I can turn the phone on with the power button, but immediately after unlocking the screen, the screen shuts off.

The only solution so far is to pull the battery and reboot the phone.

The stock app does not appear to have the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app; I'll try deleting the MMS when I get the phone rebooted and see if there are any other MMS messages in the thread. If there are, maybe it's just the one message ...

EDIT:

Nope, still happening, and it was working fine yesterday when I sent her one ...

Last edited:

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
Well, I can't figure it out. I've uninstalled, deleted everything on the SD card that was in any way related to handcent, and then reinstalled, but every time I start the app, it shuts the phone screen off. Turn on the phone, unlock the screen, and it shuts off again since handcent is still up.

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
I upgraded with the manual method from Samsung. Kind of bummed - I just got the phone back to where I wanted it with folder layouts and stuff. :(

I guess I'll give it another go.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded with the manual method from Samsung. Kind of bummed - I just got the phone back to where I wanted it with folder layouts and stuff. :(

I guess I'll give it another go.

Small price to pay to have a fully functional phone with no problems in the end. Hopefully that'll fix your problem.

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
Back to working. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Last thing I did was move a bunch of apps (not handcent) to SD (big ones like Earth and Firefox); maybe that had something to do with it?

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Back to working. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Last thing I did was move a bunch of apps (not handcent) to SD (big ones like Earth and Firefox); maybe that had something to do with it?

Alright! Glad to hear you're back in business! Not sure what would have caused that to happen though honestly.