How to get contacts on new phone.

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I currently have a Palm Pre and I'm getting the Epic from Radio Shack. Once the Epic is activite on my account the Pre will stop working, so how can I get my contacts off my Pre and on to Epic.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Most Radio Shack stores have a device called a CelleBrite. Its used to copy contacts on wireless devices. They should be able to hook it up to both and transfer contacts for you.

Reactions: wburleson

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I currently have a Palm Pre and I'm getting the Epic from Radio Shack. Once the Epic is activite on my account the Pre will stop working, so how can I get my contacts off my Pre and on to Epic.

Since you are going to Android you will need to setup a Gmail account. Your phone depends on this account in order to function. It will hold your contacts/calendar and other important information along with being your main email source.

If you go to Gmail and setup an account (try and pick something account name speaking that you would want to use on your new device) it will have instructions in there about syncing your current contacts from your Pre and other devices to Gmail online. Then once you get your device and you link it to that Gmail account it will automatically import those into your new Android device.

Reactions: wburleson

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed