Why isnt the galaxy S series cross compatible

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I'm sitting here wonderin why the galaxy S phones are not cross compatible like the optimus series is I've asked but nobody seems to be able to answer me don't they all have the same hardware or am I mistaken

sent from my epically epic samsung epic on ACE 2.0 using tapatalk pro

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm sitting here wonderin why the galaxy S phones are not cross compatible like the optimus series is I've asked but nobody seems to be able to answer me don't they all have the same hardware or am I mistaken

sent from my epically epic samsung epic on ACE 2.0 using tapatalk pro

The Epic is a unique Galaxy S phone in that it has: slide-out keyboard, LED notification light, WiMAX 4G radio, front facing camera. I'm sure there are other things as well - this is just off the top of my head.

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
ic so that makes the hardware alot diffrent which would explain the no cross compatibility AKA the Epic is > the other Galaxy S phones with the exception of the Galaxy S 2

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
true true i wish the epic had a fully functional gingerbread rom wether it be MIUI or CM7 idc i like both honestly but i'd really like miui to be fixxed up

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
That depends on your own personal definition. The other Galaxy S phones have Gingerbread Roms that are functional.

Unless you have some sort of hatred for slide-out keyboards, the Epic only brings more to the table than the other Galaxy S phones, not less. Gbread would be nice, sure, but it's not like it brings a whole lot of new features to the table that we don't already have on other custom roms.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Unless you have some sort of hatred for slide-out keyboards, the Epic only brings more to the table than the other Galaxy S phones, not less. Gbread would be nice, sure, but it's not like it brings a whole lot of new features to the table that we don't already have on other custom roms.

Considering the keyboard misses quite a bit, I find it pretty useless. Yes, I know there is a fix for that, but it should work right out of the box... thats what we paid for the phone to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699