Is there a difference between the Verizon and Sprint Nexus.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
GSM is 16GB but that's t mobile and at&t. Verizon and sprint have a cdma galaxy nexus. I believe the rest of Verizon's phones are GSM. I'm not sure but I do know for a fact sprint just released the 2100mah battery for free for they're galaxy. All you have to do is pay shipping of 15.00 . How do I know because I got mine two days ago and it helps a lot though its no perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
GSM is 16GB but that's t mobile and at&t. Verizon and sprint have a cdma galaxy nexus. I believe the rest of Verizon's phones are GSM. I'm not sure but I do know for a fact sprint just released the 2100mah battery for free for they're galaxy. All you have to do is pay shipping of 15.00 . How do I know because I got mine two days ago and it helps a lot though its no perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Verizon is CDMA...? I know they have GLOBAL GSM phones, but Verizon is a CDMA network correct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Why isn't the Sprint GNex supported by AOSP
That's between Sprint and Google. Customers can't do much besides getting screwed
Sprint Had This To Say About AOSP Support For Galaxy Nexus
Verizon Galaxy Nexus welcomed back into the AOSP fold, Sprint shunned by Google -- Engadget
http://phandroid.com/2012/07/10/sprints-galaxy-nexus-presence-in-aosp-still-nowhere-to-be-found/
Yes, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is a Nexus; no, you can't build it from AOSP | Android Central

and what does that mean for timely updates?
It means we don't get official OTA updates in a timely manner. While Verizon is now supported on AOSP, they still don't have official OTA jellybean. But official binaries are available for developers to build ROMs from -
Guide - http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...99-guide-ubuntu-compiling-android-source.html