Camera click sound.

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Verizon N2 and somehow his camera click sound is off. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it on my sprint N2. The phones are the same so we should have an option. Has anybody figured out how to turn off the click noise when taking a picture?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted the noise sounds from the system. If you want them for later, you can just move them to a different folder on a sd card. I believe you have to be rooted to do this though. There are 2 for the video recorder and 2 for the camera (actually I believe there is 4 but I think you only need to delete 2 of them).

If you are rooted, use root explorer (I'm sure other file explorers will work too, but I know I couldn't find them with ES File Explorer) and go:
system > media > audio > ui
the files I deleted are:
camera_click.ogg
Camera_click_short.ogg
Shutter
Shutter multiple

and for the video recorder, I deleted:
cam start
cam stop

again, I don't think you need to delete them, just in case you want to put them back, just move them to another folder (might have to be on an external sd)... but I deleted them and have had no problems

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T versions have a shutter sound toggle in the camera settings...not the Sprint version.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't the sprint version have that? Where in the att and Verizon version can you do it?

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Iirc, the photon was the first to leave that out... I guess it's so I can't sneakily take naked pics of my fiancee while she's sleeping...

On a serious note, it doesn't bother me at all so I'm leaving it in.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
You also can't take pictures of babies, kids or pets without disturbing them and losing a picture moment. Sure, you can get 1 shot, but that's it. Also, why would anyone really want to try to be quiet about taking pictures during quiet moments like school plays and whatnot.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You also can't take pictures of babies, kids or pets without disturbing them and losing a picture moment. Sure, you can get 1 shot, but that's it. Also, why would anyone really want to try to be quiet about taking pictures during quiet moments like school plays and whatnot.

Exactly! There are many reasons, this is a bad move.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is also against the law in some places to not have the shutter sound to prevent those candid pics.

That being said, just rename the files above no new to move them.

Whatever the file name is. Ogg. Bak....... will do the trick. Damn auto correct but you get the point

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the TMobile Note 2 and under settings while in the camera there is a toggle to shut off the shutter sound. Its down near the bottom of the list as shown.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356444570706.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356444570706.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 56

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
After Diordna11 post it's official only sprint doesn't have the shuttle sound. Is there official samsung forum where we can all complaint so they put it in the next update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress