Note 2 and Alternate Launchers?

romeytang

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I am becoming more interested in the Note 2 and really close to pulling the trigger on getting one. What I wondered is if you can actually get some use out of an alternate launcher. I really like what Action Launcher is all about but I wonder if you'd lose some of what makes the Note 2 a Note 2. I am sure the action of pulling out the Spen won't work with a different launcher and other tweaks that Samsung put in.

Basically would it be worth it using an alternate launcher on the Note 2? If not I am deciding if I can deal with the Touch Wiz skin or not. Thanks for input in advance

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You can use any launcher you want. I use NOVA and all of my S Pen features still work. All of the samsung motion features work also.
I haven't lost a thing. Pull the pen out and still the S note app pops up if you have it set that way. No fear my friend,

romeytang

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You can use any launcher you want. I use NOVA and all of my S Pen features still work. All of the samsung motion features work also.
I haven't lost a thing. Pull the pen out and still the S note app pops up if you have it set that way. No fear my friend,

Thanks, That's very reassuring! I even forgot about all the other things you could do with the S pen. I just gotta make sure the size is right.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only thing you may lose are Samsung widgets, which are replaceable through the play store.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network