Issues with OTA update

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Crap! That sucks....also before the update if I wanted to read a link from facebook I had the option to either read in the browser or in a pop up browser. Now thats gone too. Any idea on how to get it back? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

You have to reset the default settings of the Facebook app then it should start asking you again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with the stock messaging app. Before the update I was able to use my own personal pic as the background and it would look great. Now if I use my personal pic as the background its way too dark. Not at all like the original. For example if I want to use the hello kitty it won't be bright like the picture. Instead it looks like the second pic. Any ideas?

MBM7881, how do u use your own background on the stock msg app? Didn't even know you could use any background. Anyone care to show me how? Thanks a lot .

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
MBM7881, how do u use your own background on the stock msg app? Didn't even know you could use any background. Anyone care to show me how? Thanks a lot .

Open messaging > menu > settings > Background Style > tap the square with the + in it. :)

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You have to reset the default settings of the Facebook app then it should start asking you again.

I'm not getting the pop up browser option any more at all....not in fb it any other app. I really liked it

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the pop up browser option any more at all....not in fb it any other app. I really liked it

I just tried it in tweetcaster and it gave me the option for pop up browser. Try this: go to settings, then app manager, then select any of the apps that you used to get the pop up feature and clear the defaults for ?launch by default" option. Let us know if that works. The same thing happened to me after updating and this resolved my issues.

jdnmusic

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm REALLY annoyed with this update. I don't have the NFC toggle either, but I don't care about that. But this SWYPE PROBLEM SUCKS. It's a smooth 2-3 second delay to even bring up the keyboard every time I click on a text. And it is very glitchy when typing. Does anyone know if this is something swype has to fix or will sprint send a fix OTA for this problem? I'd go back to the last version in a heartbeat of I could. Any advice??

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm REALLY annoyed with this update. I don't have the NFC toggle either, but I don't care about that. But this SWYPE PROBLEM SUCKS. It's a smooth 2-3 second delay to even bring up the keyboard every time I click on a text. And it is very glitchy when typing. Does anyone know if this is something swype has to fix or will sprint send a fix OTA for this problem? I'd go back to the last version in a heartbeat of I could. Any advice??

I just responded to your Swype dilemma in the other thread. But regarding nfc toggle, do you mean up in the toggle bar on top of the phone? I didn't know you could put it there. I don't even know how to edit these.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just responded to your Swype dilemma in the other thread. But regarding nfc toggle, do you mean up in the toggle bar on top of the phone? I didn't know you could put it there. I don't even know how to edit these.

In settings under display is the notification bar setting.
5ytapevu.jpg

hitman26

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
After the update, my phone is no longer rooted and my corp exchange email is no longer syncing via push. It only works when I manually refresh the email account. I was able to get my corporate email working by downloading a new app called Exmail which was free and my corp email is working again.

sircas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My Note II can not recieve Land Line calls or some mobile calls after the 4.1.2 Update was loaded! I have 2 lines on Sprint with 2 Note II. Both are having the issues. This has happened to several people who have Sprint Note II. There are several in my office & two in my wife office! I have called Sprint! They are clueless. Sprint wants me to do a Hard reset! That not the issue! Has anyone tried to recieve a Land line call since the 4.1.2 Update has been loaded?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
This update has way too many noticeable bugs.

- Eye sensor icon stays in the status bar.
- Hitting the home button will occasionally bring up the task manager.
- Some of the application defaults are reset.

Still testing to see if my battery is draining faster...

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
This update has way too many noticeable bugs.

- Eye sensor icon stays in the status bar.
- Hitting the home button will occasionally bring up the task manager.
- Some of the application defaults are reset.

Still testing to see if my battery is draining faster...

The smart stay icon staying on all the time is not a bug. The update was meant to update how this feature works.

oagh

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any solution to the "home button will occasionally bring up the task manager" problem? Actually it happens most of the time for me as I press the home button (since the update). A number of my co-workers experiencing the same problem. Very annoying!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any solution to the "home button will occasionally bring up the task manager" problem? Actually it happens most of the time for me as I press the home button (since the update). A number of my co-workers experiencing the same problem. Very annoying!

I don't understand why it does that. Of course you've tried to turn off and leave battery out for 2 minutes? If you have maybe it's a setting that needs to be changed or disabled.

kthomas

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why it does that. Of course you've tried to turn off and leave battery out for 2 minutes? If you have maybe it's a setting that needs to be changed or disabled.

Seems to happen if your screen went blank with no open app. Opening to home screen seems to make recent app & task manager.

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
After the update my gallery is also very slow, Especially when attaching an image. I did a hard reset to see if it would resolve the problem but it didn't. I do have facebook albums and dropbox synced I am not sure if that is causing the problems.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
After the update my gallery is also very slow, Especially when attaching an image. I did a hard reset to see if it would resolve the problem but it didn't. I do have facebook albums and dropbox synced I am not sure if that is causing the problems.

some say that that is a major culprit in it... see if the lag goes away by MENU > VIEW BY > CONTENT IN DEVICE from the gallery screen...

this is unfortunately a setting you HAVE to set EVERY time you go into the gallery... :/ unless you kill facebook sync of photos from the app and dropbox....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress