How do you replace power button or turn phone on any other way?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You could always use adb to power it on, but that would require the use of a computer to do so with.

If you do want to use it, the command you want is "adb reboot".

Sent from my paranoid s3...

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If the phone simply isnt powering on its probably not the power button. Generally, like 99% of the time generally, when samsung power buttons go bad they cause the phone to reboot over and over.

But, if sprint is not willing to help you you should try contacting samsung. If it wasn't physically damaged by you then they should be able to get you fixed up or at least replace it.

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I sent it to samsung they said it had corrosion and water damage but I couldn't find any corrosion or water damage on. The phone but I cleaned the whole phone twice once with a brush and the second time I soaked it for like 3 days so I am gonna let it dry out for a few days and see what happens and also try hooking it up to the computer to get it to turn on

- - - Updated - - -

It is a galaxy note 2 for sprint it's model l900

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I sent it to samsung they said it had corrosion and water damage but I couldn't find any corrosion or water damage on. The phone but I cleaned the whole phone twice once with a brush and the second time I soaked it for like 3 days so I am gonna let it dry out for a few days and see what happens and also try hooking it up to the computer to get it to turn on

- - - Updated - - -

It is a galaxy note 2 for sprint it's model l900

Soaked it for a few days? Smartphones should never touch liquid of any kind. Could you tell us more about your cleaning procedures.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was told I could soak it in alcohol and then let it dry out but I also noticed under the screen the digitizer is cracked but how can the digitizer crack but the screen be perfect and the case is also mint. Like I said Samsung claims that they found corrosion but I took it totally apart and there wasn't even a speck of corrosion on it

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, a phone should never touch liquid of any type. Where did you hear that you could soak it in alcohol? Now I'm afraid that you have broken your whole phone all for a power button.

Posted via Android Central App

nirdesh

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Try some silly tricks like plug in to USB/Power and take it out while holding home and volume keys. I have a broken power button and these kindof tricks somehow worked for me a couple of times.
After taking out from charging sometimes the phone will still show that it is charging. Thats the best time to press n hold power n volume to turn on