Sprint Note 2 Tethering Issues with 4.3

88hurstolds

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pdanet will no longer tether to my computer since the 4.3 update. Pdanet on my computer will say Connecting phone to your phone (USB)... and never connect.

I rooted my phone to try another program but none seem to work.

Anyone else with 4.3 doing a USB or WIFI tether to their computer with sprint?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet since the update to 4.3. I'll try to remember to check it out tonight. I don't use the tether much, but I like having it. My recollection is that it didn't work via WiFi before the 4.3 update, only via USB and Bluetooth. You've tried both of those?

88hurstolds

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Both no longer work.

I rooted my phone last night.
I should be able to get the WIFI or USB to work by rooting my phone right?

If so what app do I use?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint GN2 is not rooted, Android v. 4.3. I just tried PdaNet (which shows on the phone as "FoxFi Key" app, and is version 2.13.1), and it worked fine in USB cable tether mode. I started the FoxFi app on the phone, clicked on the PdaNet icon in the system tray of the computer, then clicked on something that came up on the phone asking whether to allow the connection, and it immediately connected.

After the update, both of my PC's had to install drivers to recognize my phone when I plugged it in. I went through that process before trying the tether connection.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the drivers from?

Windows 7 just installed the drivers automatically. Whether they came from the phone or from the internet, I don't know. After the 4.3 update to the phone, when I plugged it in next time to each of two computers, I got the Windows message that it was installing software for the device, and after that was done the computer recognized the phone.

One thing you might try is uninstalling PdaNet on your computer, then install it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87