Sprint Posted the User Guide

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I was looking at the layout diagram, and there are some glaring errors. The diagram says the front facing camera is the notification LED, the proximity sensor is the front camera, and it calls the microphone at the bottom a speaker.

*Sigh*

Who writes these things? I was specifically looking for something on noise cancellation, but I guess I'll have to see if Samsung publishes a user guide.

Nrbelex

May 20, 2011
nrbelex.com
Just to pile on... page 21 has the wrong silk-screened logos pictured, again. The real thing should only have the Samsung logo up top and the Sprint logo on back. This has both on front.

Also, "By default, your device’s 4G feature is turned off." I wonder how many people will go through the entire life of the phone never turning it on...

The USB tethering sections doesn't say anything about Sprint charging an extra rate for it. The whole section is interesting:

Tethering
Tethered Mode allows your computer to obtain an external data connection by using the device’s wireless data services and a wired USB connection. Tap USB tethering to activate tethering mode.

Important: If you are using your device for Tethering, you may be prompted for additional drivers. The Samsung Mobile Driver for SPH-D710 contains the ADB, CDMA, & WiMAX drivers that are required for using either Tethering (Phone as a Modem) or development tools.
Go to SAMSUNG and visit the D710 Product page, where you can navigate to the Download Center to obtain this driver.

The online FAQ also provide detailed information about this driver.

A wireless data connection can be done by using the device’s Sprint Hotspot feature.

Following those instructions to download the drivers leads to a currently blank page: Samsung

Visible password entry is on by default

Looks like Amazon MP3 is included by default.

Here's a fun little warning message in the 3G section:
Certain data services requests may require additional time to process. While your device is loading the requested service, the touchscreen or QWERTY keyboard may appear unresponsive when in fact they are functioning properly. Allow the device some time to process your data usage request.

Invert color is an option in the browser.

In the camera section:
Make sure the microSD card is installed before you use the camera or camcorder. All pictures or videos that you capture using your device are stored on the microSD card.

That's all I see of interest - nothing too exciting...

Reactions: milominderbinde

aaron130

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm only at the beginning of te manual but I already noticed(not a huge deal) it says dial #4 or #2 for minutes or CS but as long as I've been with Sprint it's always been *2 or *4

Reactions: milominderbinde

yumyum

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Page 112:

If you are not satisfied with an application, you can ask for a refund within 24 hours of the purchase.

Either this manual was written a long time ago, or someone over at Samsung knows about a new Market policy change that we don't know about :D

(yes, I know it's the not the latter)

Last edited:

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
SG2E4GT os2.3.4: After reading over the guide (thanks btw) I can't figure out how to add/rename new folder/albums in the "Gallery." Context menus have no options for either. So---how does one add a new folder/album and how does one rename a folder or album?? Tks for al help

Last edited: