Sprint Store Upgrade Price?

alanjgarcia

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
What are looking at as the final upgrade price for the phone this Friday at the Sprint Store? I currently have a pre-order with Wirefly and paid approx $150. The Sprint Store near my work will have them Friday morning first come/ first serve. Will the Sprint Store match the Wirefly price?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You'll pay $199.99 + local sales tax on the full retail price of $499.99 at your Sprint store. Only you can decide if the Wirefly savings is worth waiting 3-5 days for (plus the other potential negatives, such as a shorter return period, mail in exchanges/returns, and stricter contract terms for 6 months).

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You'll pay $199.99 + local sales tax on the full retail price of $499.99 at your Sprint store. Only you can decide if the Wirefly savings is worth waiting 3-5 days for (plus the other potential negatives, such as a shorter return period, mail in exchanges/returns, and stricter contract terms for 6 months).

No thats not true about tax u only have to pay tax on the $199 and paying tax on the full $499 would be illegal

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No thats not true about tax u only have to pay tax on the $199 and paying tax on the full $499 would be illegal

Yes in California you pay sales tax on the full retail price of the phone, not the discounted subsidized price. They closed that *cough* "loophole" years ago. Sorry about not being state specific. It didn't occur to me that it could be different in other states.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
How does wirelfy or lets talk know what you do with the phone after 30 days?
They'd get a charge back from Sprint. They get paid off after the set amount of time they state you have to stay with the phone & plan.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes in California you pay sales tax on the full retail price of the phone, not the discounted subsidized price. They closed that *cough* "loophole" years ago. Sorry about not being state specific. It didn't occur to me that it could be different in other states.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Here in Texas we don't even pay income tax...

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Isn't Nevada like that as well? I know there is at least one other state that doesn't have that.

I looked it up:

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.

New Hampshire doesn't even have sales tax.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Get this. Two years ago when I bought my Palm Pre from Best Buy, their retail price on the phone was $829.99. So I paid 7.75% sales tax on $829 for a phone that cost $199.99. Hurray for California! At least I get nice weather year round amirite? Sigh.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that's why you have the lowest HS graduation rate of any state in the US! There is no money for schools!
And the massive amount of illegal immigrants clogging the schools have no impact on the statistics? Right. Got it.

Government schools spend more money for less results than private/parochial schools, much less home schooled kids. (How often do government school students win the National Spelling Bee?) The College Board announced today that SAT scores are the lowest in 16 years and the Reading portion is the lowest ever. The problem isn't lack of money; it's wasting money on a broken, unaccountable system.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that's why you have the lowest HS graduation rate of any state in the US! There is no money for schools!

I used to live in Houston!

Rob

And from that statement it's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. There is no income tax here, but it's more than made up with other taxes and fees. I've lived in several states and they all have their issues and problems, NY is not excluded so you might want to consider that when you start putting other people down.

Not to mention it's completely off topic.

I happen to agree that it's ridiculous that they should have to pay tax on full retail price and I think Californians would agree with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non