Android OS over 60+%

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried about this now. I checked again and Android OS is still high at 89%. I have wifi, 4G, GPS all off. It's just on regular 3G and looking at Android's Task Manager I don't have any active apps running.
This morning I was at one of my jobs and in 5 hours it's dropped from 100% to about 40%. I only used the phone to check emails a few times.

I have the same exact issue. When I first recieved the device, the battery life was fantastic. I had 13% left the day I got it and overnight the battery only drained to 7%. After noticing the percentage Android OS was running I factory rest and drained the phone to powering off. I then charged it with the power off. It was 100% when I went to bed last night and was at 60% this morning when I woke up. It showed Android OS at 93% as well.

I'm thinking there has to be an option we are choosing that is making this happen. It's possible we have a defect but I know my battery life was 10x better just a few days ago.

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a screen shot of the issue. Note that the phone was charged again after noticing it was at 60%.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

taverr

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same thing... One thing i did notice is that when i'm on Wi-fi and connected to a network, the device is continually scanning for networks. Is this normal for other Android devices (i'm a WebOS transplant)?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had WiFi back on again today and Android OS was up to 93% :eek: and battery life was not as great as yesterday when WiFi was off.

I've turned WiFi back off again now but that really isn't a great solution when I am home.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same thing... One thing i did notice is that when i'm on Wi-fi and connected to a network, the device is continually scanning for networks. Is this normal for other Android devices (i'm a WebOS transplant)?

Perhaps that is the issue. No idea how to stop it doing that apart from turning WiFi off.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue too with android os having crazy high usage %. I don't have beautiful widgets installed so I don't think that is the cause. I've had ok battery life, but I don't think it's where it should be.

gmich

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue--Android OS ranges between 30% and 68%, usually in the 30s. But my battery life is still good. I easily get through a whole day with moderate use. Yesterday I got 20 hours.

But the high Android OS draw still bothers me. I'm tending to agree with those above who think it's related to the wireless. Mine always seems to be scanning for a network--even when it's already connected to one! Could that be the issue?

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am always at home I work at home so I always have wifi connected its faster than the 3G and most of the time better on my battery than 3G. When I leave the house I make sure to turn off my wifi widget and I never turn on 3G while Im driving or whatever until I need the net for something then I will get the 3G widget then turn it off after Im done. Im also getting android os in the 30's 40s. My 3D was always in the single digits and nothing is different here at home or whatever from then having the 3D till the ET so I have no idea. Some ppl on XDA and even on here posting screenshots of them getting single digits in the android os. Like someone said earlier Im still getting great battery its just more annoying than anything.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
update:

So after 2 days, the % of android os, has gone down into the 20% and under. Removed go launcher ex etc, and closing unnecessary apps when im not using it.

Also updated the prl, profile, and firmware, if that helps, not sure.

I think it was go launcher ex or whatever that was sucking the battery dry

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know how many people who have the high Android os usage also have the motion settings enabled. I remember a similar problem with CM7 on the evo having sensor wake issues related to the flip to silence setting, I just turned the motion settings off, and I'll see how it affects the %

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know how many people who have the high Android os usage also have the motion settings enabled. I remember a similar problem with CM7 on the evo having sensor wake issues related to the flip to silence setting, I just turned the motion settings off, and I'll see how it affects the %

yes I remember seeing that to, I have mine enabled Im pretty sure but I dont think I have used it more than once. I like to view my webpages portrait mode I hardly ever turn my phone

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I turned off Motion Activation and now the battery for Android OS is at 85%...
I DO have Go Launcher EX running though with a theme and some page effects. Would that really use that much battery though?

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Going to try disabling go launcher ex and see if it helps.

Also have Widget Locker installed, keeping it enable though. refuse to go back to default unlocker. (Worst decision visually on this phone, fire someone samsung)

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Since removing Go Launcher EX i am still over 55% android OS.

I've never seen this with any of my previous 3 android phones :(

Only thing left is to hard-reset and wipe it. Sigh.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
People please don't freak out. The phone breaks down what your phones doing in percentage out of 100%. If you add everything that screen is showing you it should come up to 100%. Just passing thing I've learned from having a android for so many years.

Yeah but at the end of the day with my phone only having 30% battery left, android os shouldn't be responsible for 50% of the 70% lost!

That would mean it's responsible for roughly 1/3 of my total battery usage if I ran it until it died.

With motion settings off today, I still have android os at 50%, I'm going to do a factory reset and see if that helps.

Last edited:

killadon

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
People please don't freak out. The phone breaks down what your phones doing in percentage out of 100%. If you add everything that screen is showing you it should come up to 100%. Just passing thing I've learned from having a android for so many years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87