From crackberry world to Epic II 4G Touch World. A support group

happylukie

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So I just bought my epic touch and I love it and hate it. I went from a blackberry tour to this. Needless to say, I am completely confused. I know I cannot be the only person in this
that is lost, so this thread is for all of us crackberry, nontouchscreen people that need you android loving epic II touch to help us.

Now how the heck do I foward emails & text?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: From crackberry world to Epic II 4G Touch World. A support gr

So I just bought my epic touch and I love it and hate it. I went from a blackberry tour to this. Needless to say, I am completely confused. I know I cannot be the only person in this
that is lost, so this thread is for all of us crackberry, nontouchscreen people that need you android loving epic II touch to help us.

Now how the heck do I foward emails & text?
Welcome to android :) I wish I could help you out but Ive been BB free since Bold 9650 Launch.
Don't get shaken up by touchscreen & new OS it will grow on you FAST ,
Oh and be prepared for major BBM withdraw just shake it off lol

happylukie

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to android :) I wish I could help you out but Ive been BB free since Bold 9650 Launch.
Don't get shaken up by touchscreen & new OS it will grow on you FAST ,
Oh and be prepared for major BBM withdraw just shake it off lol

Right now it's the touchscreen, draining battery, and how to fwd texts that's driving me batty! I refuse to give up. This phone id just to beautiful!

tommydaniel

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Right now it's the touchscreen, draining battery, and how to fwd texts that's driving me batty! I refuse to give up. This phone id just to beautiful!

To fwd texts press and hold on the message you want to fwd and a menu will pop up that will allow you to fwd the message. Hope that's what you were looking for.

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Open the Text Messaging folder >Long Press the screen on the message you want to forward. A Pop-Up will appear and select Forward. Oh, by the way. Welcome to the Darkside.:)

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a former crackberry owner(8900) ; and jumped to android and it took me some time to adjust to loosing the kickass keyboard. For the keyboard I use SwiftKey as I never really got into swype.

It did take me some time to adjust on the email side and honestly in 6 months I still miss the Blackberry set up. The Gmail app is good enough.

As for sms I would recommend looking at the 3rd party ones in the market. I like Go SMS and personally find it to be great. The stock on on the Atrix kind of sucks compared to go. I know some like handcents and chomp sms but I never really got into those. So check out some of the 3rd party ones.

Once you get things set up you will love your phone. You just need to get the widgets. Beweather is still working out some bugs but I think it really only effects motoblur. Beautiful widgets is great and I strongly recommend it.

Sent from my rooted Atrix using Tapatalk.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

No worry about battery life with this device you made a sound choice

happylukie

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok I am totally in love with this swype. I can almost swype as fast as I used to text!

Also, I changed the wallpaper to black and sync myself. Battery life is better. And thank you for teaching me how to fwd.! My hand is
still getting tired b/c the phone is almost as large as my hand but I'll get over it!

Thank you guys sooooo much!!!

happylukie

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey Lukie, Thanks for coming over from CB. Be sure and check out this post. It has some good pointers, including a link to a real good blog post for BB converts.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/62370-new-android-forums-start-here.html

OMG! I am a total convert.
And swype & I are getting along swimmingly!

My only bitterness is the frigging data speeds in nyc. All this phone, and its working on a network that can't really support it. Other than that, I love my phone!

And thanks for the link. I am totally going to check it out ;-) :-D

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry, typing on a touchscreen can be difficult. But after a while you will adjust. I have been typing on touchscreens now for three years and I am very fast and accurate. I know that I am a lot faster on my touchscreen than I ever was on a BlackBerry. Like anything else, it just takes some getting used to.

happylukie

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry, typing on a touchscreen can be difficult. But after a while you will adjust. I have been typing on touchscreens now for three years and I am very fast and accurate. I know that I am a lot faster on my touchscreen than I ever was on a BlackBerry. Like anything else, it just takes some getting used to.

Do you use swype? It enables me to type just about as fast I did on my BB.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the party! I went from a BB Tour to the first Epic last year to ease the transition from keyboard to touchscreen, but now I'll never look back :).

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87