Phone Gets Warm?

mercyme78

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I am overreacting or what but its my first android phone...

but does anyone else's phone get warm when using it a lot or when it is charging? the back of the phone gets warm as well as the front touch screen, mostly on top. Its not like burning hot or anything like that but warm.

It puts off enough warmth to make my wallet underneath slightly warm...

tronthedon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to 1+GHz processors. Wait until we get to 3.0+GHz like on desktops. Then our phones will literally be able to do everything for us, including BBQ's :D

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I am overreacting or what but its my first android phone...

but does anyone else's phone get warm when using it a lot or when it is charging? the back of the phone gets warm as well as the front touch screen, mostly on top. Its not like burning hot or anything like that but warm.

It puts off enough warmth to make my wallet underneath slightly warm...
Welcome to Android

Yes it will get a little warm depending how hard your pushing device no harm done....same with battery charge at times.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It usually gets warm when you are playing a graphic intensive game or any game for an extended amount of time, or if you are using the wireless tether app.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This is nowhere as hot as my overclocked Pre got. A little bit warm is normal for a lot of phones. If it burns your hand then something is wrong. Shut phone off pull battery and wait for it to cool. If it keeps doing it take it in because it's not supposed to get that hot. Also keep in mind if in a warm or hot area it will get hot while charging and just running also. I have not looked but pretty sure someone has a temperture app out.

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not looked but pretty sure someone has a temperture app out.

Yep, and I've been using it consistently; "BatteryLife" from Curvefish and is pretty decent. Temperatures range from 29C - 31C when using it for texts, calls and Go Facebook/Twitter checks, to around 50C when gaming, content-intensive browsing etc.

But thats being technical. Phones like this do, rest-assured, get a bit warm, Mercyme. No worries.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
i would think with a phone this thin that you would def feel the heat from the battery and or processor. but like was stated if it gets burning something is wrong. a little heat is to be expected.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone gets especially warm when I am on a extended phone call. Gets real uncomfortable holding this on my cheek. Its tends to do so more in the day time. Is there a good app to measure temperatures as well as current amperage flow for the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa