Help with WiFi connection issues

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have numerous devices that I connect to my work WiFi, but for some reason my new Sprint Epic 4G Touch will not hold a connection to the WiFi. Sometimes it connects fine, other times it says "obtaining IP address".

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

JOHN

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How old is your router? Did you reboot/ battery pull your phone? sometimes this might help. Wifi on the phone is funky from another thread about Wifi. Mine gave me this issue the first 5 mins it wouldn't even connect but once it did its been flawless... Range is on the other hand strange bar wise. the speeds however are their so not to big of a deal... good luck...

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
The router is 2 months old, and works flawless with every other device I currently have, or have had int he past. I have never had a problem connecting to this router.

JOHN

How old is your router? Did you reboot/ battery pull your phone? sometimes this might help. Wifi on the phone is funky from another thread about Wifi. Mine gave me this issue the first 5 mins it wouldn't even connect but once it did its been flawless... Range is on the other hand strange bar wise. the speeds however are their so not to big of a deal... good luck...

Longie11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Rebooted my router and phone connected fine. BUT... it still had horrible range. Like 5 feet away would drop to one or 2 bars. I ended up exchanging it yesterday for another one and this new one seems a little better but the range is still garbage compared to every other phone I have on my family plan. 2 og Evos 1 Evo3d 1 palm pre and my epic touch is the worst of all by far range wise.

In spite of that I wouldnt trade it in for anything else, I just hope they can release an update to help with this.

morvin

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my Epic Touch on release day, have loved this phone except the wifi and the signal strengths. I've found that with my wifi at home and at work that I have to frequently reset the connection by doing an Airplane mode on and then toggle it right back off. Then I'm right back to connectivity in all apps. Lame.

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've found that with my wifi at home and at work that I have to frequently reset the connection by doing an Airplane mode on and then toggle it right back off. Then I'm right back to connectivity in all apps. Lame.

Yeah, same issue here. It's annoying for sure, and hopefully Samsung will release a fix for it sometime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty