Touchwiz has come along NICELY

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else think the Touchwiz experience is much improved from previous versions? I remember when I had my Epic I just thought it was a piece of ****, now it seems make the overall experience much better. I think I even like it more than Sense

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the original Epic and I've been getting TouchWiz lessons from her, since I'm coming from the EVO. I'm enjoying showing off all the things that the newest version can do that hers can't. Ha.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like it . I tried others on my Epic and felt that TWZ was fine and suited my everyday needs. I liked the Ace rom but had some glitches with wifi. If Paul makes a Rom for this ill try it.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
After fooling around with a friends EVO3D I can honestly say I personally think TouchWiz 4.0 blows Sense 3.0 out of the water.

Either way, HTC and Samsung are both amazing companies with the ability to adapt. They will only make their products better and better as the years go on. The innovation from these Android phone manufacturers is so brilliant. They continue to drive the market and give us all CHOICE! Something one company in particular is trying to take away from us.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I rather enjoy the enhancements of the new touchwiz. Samsung has done a good job with it by adding good looks and functionality without a lot of bloat.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a anti-touch wiz and even I am a believer. The little things during phone calls, during messaging is really nice. They realy made a difference to make it very iphone like in terms of interface, but still have that android feel.

my only problem, samsung's music player doesn't store the exactly minute/seconds of a podcast so after like an hour of not listening to it, it clears the memory. WTF samsung.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I love tw4. I wish I could port it to this phone. There aren't enough screens for me though so I'm using go launcher

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The dialer is so much better than the Sense one. I had to install a call confirmation program because it was too easy to dial a number inadvertently.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
my only problem, samsung's music player doesn't store the exactly minute/seconds of a podcast so after like an hour of not listening to it, it clears the memory. WTF samsung.

YES! Sucks for audiobooks too. I had to download Mort Audiobook player from the market. Not only does it save the last stop but you can bookmark spots too which is nice if you want to go back to something.

Samsung's music player is okay I guess, but I would have liked to see something a bit more robust.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The dialer is so much better than the Sense one. I had to install a call confirmation program because it was too easy to dial a number inadvertently.

The Sense call and address book apps were a nightmare. And the dialer buttons were so small -- why? I'm never buying a HTC phone again.

abrcrmdl23

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The new touch wiz is better than the version on the original galaxy but I'm still not a huge fan of it. I like the new ghost blur better on my photon, but I use go launcher cause it is the best.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In the past I have always installed Launcher Pro within the first 5 minutes of powering up the phone. Not this time yet. If I could replace the dock icons with the one's I was using with LP, I would be really happy. But they got the widgets right and the app drawer right. The fade in affect is just perfect. Some of the launchers over do those effects.

That said, I still think Sense is much better when it comes to email and text messaging. I don't mind covering up the text messaging app with GO SMS (It's SO awesome), and I use Touchdown for Exchange email, but with Sense I liked them enough to do neither of those things.

mechanismclear

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I also had the epic 4g and i was running go launcher on it cause touchwiz sucked,and i was already preparing to put it on my new epic 2.But when i got the phone i was so impressed with the new touchwiz im not running go launcher on it,but i am running it on my motorola photon!:eek: