Returned phone today

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
No issues here as far as network speed. I've had sprint for years and know their 3G sucks. As for wifi, I refuse to get Comcast so I'm stuck with my 3 meg DSL. I do think the phone may under estimate reception, but like some others here my speed or dbm's havent taken a hit compared to my original Epic despite typically showing fewer bars (usually 1 so that's not exactly an alarm in my case). I may be in a fortunate minority or have owned phones that get mediocre reception (though I rarely drop calls) and have never noticed I had an issue. Oh well. Sorry it didn't work out OP. I'd hate to give mine up!

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had issues with wifi speeds, just occasional (but inevitable) wifi connection drops which is easily remedied by toggling wifi off/on. But calls have been solid without problems at all. I don't get great WiMax where I live, but I didn't with the Evo 4G either so I assume it's the area where I live that doesn't get a good signal (since I got decent 4G when I was living in Texas a few months ago).

Reactions: techgeek32#WN

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
No issues here as far as network speed. I've had sprint for years and know their 3G sucks. As for wifi, I refuse to get Comcast so I'm stuck with my 3 meg DSL. I do think the phone may under estimate reception, but like some others here my speed or dbm's havent taken a hit compared to my original Epic despite typically showing fewer bars (usually 1 so that's not exactly an alarm in my case). I may be in a fortunate minority or have owned phones that get mediocre reception (though I rarely drop calls) and have never noticed I had an issue. Oh well. Sorry it didn't work out OP. I'd hate to give mine up!

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

I'm seeing the same thing. Seems like my speeds are fine even though the wifi strength indicator reads something different.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
after having many many cell phones, I have realized that the graphic representations of signal strength are NEVER accurate..

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I can see from reading these posts, people could care less of what you post.
All you might accomplish is to get banned, which many I'm sure hope you do.. Its a public forum yes but people are annoyed by you already so give up dude.

Also if you didn't like this phone n you have returned it, why in the world are you here?
And why you even care about others calling sprint when u no longer have the phone?
Go get yourself a LIFE already and find another forum to post your stuff.

Most here are very happy with this phone, so MOVE ON.

And btw, the questions I asked you above I could care less to get an answer. I will never read ANY of your posts EVER so waste ur time writing back if you like
Wow, no call to be rude to each other. Everyone has a right to like/dislike this phone and politely post their opinion without being chased out of the forum. Good lord.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen any of the complaints that have been mentioned so of it was me I would try am exchange first to see if that is the problem then switch to a different phone if you don't get way you want.

Good luck

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
From what I can see from reading these posts, people could care less of what you post.
All you might accomplish is to get banned, which many I'm sure hope you do.. Its a public forum yes but people are annoyed by you already so give up dude.

Also if you didn't like this phone n you have returned it, why in the world are you here?
And why you even care about others calling sprint when u no longer have the phone?
Go get yourself a LIFE already and find another forum to post your stuff.

Most here are very happy with this phone, so MOVE ON.

And btw, the questions I asked you above I could care less to get an answer. I will never read ANY of your posts EVER so waste ur time writing back if you like
I'm glad people like dguidry12 and others are writing about the issues the SG2 is having. I have the Evo 4G and I am not sure if I should get the GS2 or if I should wait for the Nexus Prime to come around the corner in a while. I love the look and feel of the GS2 but if it has a weak phone and weak WiFi than I can wait for the better phone. I really like Pure Google anyway.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When the Nexus Prime, or Galaxy Nexus or whatever they call it comes out, it will have it's own issues too. Every smartphone that is released needs updates.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
What hisses me off is that once I got the phone following all of the hype of the phone as soon as I got the SG2 Touch I sold my trusty Evo for 175.00 on CL.. Now im stuck without a phone that I can use if I want to wait for something else.. THis is why im all over these forums trying to get people to call into Sprint and complain about the shabby built phone with its weak antennas.

That's why you should always keep your old phone so you can return the new one if you don't like it and still have a phone. It's good to have a spare anyway. Duh