Should I get a SG2E4GT?

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I became eligible for an upgrade Dec 1, I currently have a LG Optimus S, rooted, CM7, and love it, and I'm considering an upgrade. The thing is, I've read about some LoS (loss of service/signal) problems with the E4GT, and I'm worried about that. Despite digging around, I'm not sure that there is a fix for this. My Optimus S is reliable, and I'd hate to suffer any reliability issues if I choose the E4GT. What are your guys thoughts on how prevalent LoS is?

And are there any other issues besides that I should worry about?

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Get it. You wont be sorry. i came from the photon which has killer radios and worked great after the three updates. I was also concerned about the LoS and roaming problems i read about but so far not one...single...problem. I made great decision.

Samsung Galaxy S II from Sprint

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for a fix to the many issues with the phone. I wouldnt get a phone that has known issues and havn't been fixed in 2 months.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
LOS issues are most common around areas where there is fluctuating / low signals. Many of us never encounter the LOS but some do.

Get it if you want the best sprint has to offer. Personally, I've never encountered a los until i went into the middle of nowhere while driving on the freeway...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been running the EK02 update since shortly after it was leaked, and I feel strongly that its solved the LOS problem. The update should be heading out via a OTA very soon, or you could root and flash it right away. Either way, LOS shouldn't be an issue for you if you decide to buy it. Good luck!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

kalel_293

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
get it! its a great phone...about los, i havent encountered one...best phone ive had so far...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You won't be disappointed. A great phone...just allow time to familiarize yourself with everything it can do...it's endless. Start off with the"Sticky" on the forum for Tips, Tricks and FAQ before you start asking endless questions :)
Whenever I get bored with the phone, I review Tips and Tricks to discover more.
Best of luck.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had a good experience with the E4GT, no LOS issues with mine. This phone is really fast and smooth, handles everything I throw at it with grace. I LOVE the camera on this phone!! I don't think you will regret getting this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87