Mp4 Distortion

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've been searching for a while but I'm having trouble finding the answers I'm looking for. It could be because I do not know how to properly pose the question. I just got the Epic 4g Touch a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to put my movies that I had on my Evo onto my USB storage.

The movies were converted using Any Video Converter and set as 800x480 mp4's. They play perfectly on my Evo but when I try to play them on the Samsung the video is really small and distorted. Am I missing something?

What should I be converting the video to in order to get proper playback on the handset? I'm sorry if this as been asked infinity times before. The search engine kept bringing up threads for various different phones having playback issues that were completely unrelated the the information I'm seeking.

Thank you.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Should I use a different format? It is 800x480 right?

Well the screen res for the phone is 800x480 so I would assume it would work. Not sure why you are using mp4. I personally use AVI or MKV(not android supported natively)

I usually end up using 720p (1280x720) for all my vids. Usually the native player can easily play it without any distortion. I believe your issue is the result of the extension you are using.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for the reply. Im fairly new to this stuff and I read somewhere that I was supposed to use mp4 which is why that is what i've been using. Anyway, I downloaded this app called mx player and it plays all my movies perfectly without me having to convert them first. I'll probably just stick with it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress