epic 4g and epic 4G touch battery swap

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Epic 4G Touch and my wife has the older epic 4G with the keyboard. I purchased extra batteries and charger for when I am out of the house (amusement parks and hikes, etc). I messed with swapping my EB625152VA 1800mAh into her phone that takes a EB575152VA 1500mAh battery. Her phone turns on and works fine, but I pulled the battery out because I was not sure about any problems it may cause.

Can any of you tell me if that will have bad side effects for her Epic 4G (not the Touch) due to the larger battery capacity? If not, then cool. But if you all collectively think it could potentially cause issues with her phone, then I will refrain.

Thank you.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Someone plese step in an correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think there would be an issue because they do sell extended batteries for phones and I haven't seen any threads where someone's phone got messed up due to using one. I would keep an eye (or hand) on it to make sure it doesn't cause her phone to overheat. I'm thinking as long as it fits properly and it boots up fine, it shouldn't be an issue.