Birthdays Not Showing Up in Calendar

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the contacts birthday checked in the calendar setting (see pic) but there not showing up in the calendar (see pic)
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Does your contact in your phone have the birthday attached to it? You can check the box, but if the contact doesn't have the info in it, then it will not populate the calendar since it will not have a date to populate it with.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, almost everyone has their birthdays in their contact info.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

sidelines2012

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Just bought my Samsung Galaxy III and after adding my email accounts, my birthdays were duplicated in my calendar. I cleared the calendar, removed my Gmail account and then readded Gmail account. Now, I have no contact birthday's in my calendar -- and yes, my contacts on my phone (and in Gmail) have birthdays assigned to them.

When I try to sync my calendar with Gmail -- thinking the birthdays would come from there instead of my phone contacts - I receive the error "sync is currently experiencing problems it will be back shortly".

I just want my birthdays in my calendar -- sure it would be nice to have my Cloud calendar or Gmail calendar also, but want to start with birthdays.

Thanks,