Tiny Squares Pixels?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the display tester app from the recommended apps section and I ran the screen burn in fix just out of curiosity to see what it did.

Ever since then I noticed these tiny little squares all over the screen, mainly noticeable on widgets and dark colors. I have no idea if they were there before or not but now that I've noticed them it is all I see when I look at my phone. It is driving me absolutely insane.

I wanted to know if you guys have the same things on your display or if mine is damaged somehow, possibly by running that display tester app. Are these pixels I'm seeing? The shape and density looks like the microscope pictures I've seen of this display but I thought they were much much smaller. Here is a picture of what I'm referring to. When I open the phone dialer and press *#0*# and click on the dimming button, these things I'm talking about are easily visible.
They are kind of hard to make out from he screen capture picture but on my phone they are well defined and very visible. Please open the dimming test and tell me if your phone is the same. I'm losing it here lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What your seeing is stuck pixels. If you didn't have them before, it's possible that the app stuck them for you while it was running the test. What I mean is is that the pixels weren't stuck yet but they were about to and the app exposed them.

It happens especially to LCD screens...phones, monitors, and tv's and there are a few things you can do to try to unstick them but samsung nor sprint will do anything about it unless you have 10 stuck pixels and was brought in immediatly after purchase. Now I'm not saying they won't help you, but I'm just stating the norm.

First try running the app again to see if it will unstick them. You may have to run it 3 or more times but you can try. It has had success for some people. Also you can lightly press on the screen where the stuck pixel is and hold for a second. Do that 2 or more times...not to much though...and see if that will unstick them. This practice is common on monitors and LCD tv's and does have success as well. If none of those work, your best bet is to use light colored backgrounds and etc. so it's not so noticable. By the way...there is no such thing as an app...or anything, that is viable in fixing a burn in. A burn in is an image burned to the underside of the screen of a static image by the backlight. It's there permanently but sometimes it can fade and not be noticable.

Let me know how it works for you.