Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

NYGator

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
f you own a Samsung Galaxy S2 and you are waiting for Jelly Bean then there is some good news as the official update to Jelly Bean may not be far away. An update to Jelly Bean has been leaked online for the international version of the S2, which may suggest that the official one is around the corner.

Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update leaked

The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update came courtesy of XDA developers and is for the I-9100 international version of the Samsung Galaxy S2. By all accounts the update is bug free and this has led to many saying that it could be the final version. Samsung said that the update would come at some point in November and with just a few days left this may explain the pristine build we have floating around the web.

When owners of the Samsung Galaxy S2 get the update to Jelly Bean they will have the new Touchwiz interface and lots of new Jelly Bean features such as Google Now.

At the moment we are waiting for Samsung to start rolling out the official update officially, but if you know how to flash a ROM you might want to try the leaked release. However bear in mind that the official version could be just around the corner and you could then update your Samsung Galaxy S2 more easily through Kies or OTA. :-X:-X

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully sometime this december or january we'll get the update but at least his lets us know it'll be for sure I cant wait for this update !! :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There have been several leaks for the Epic 4G Touch already. The latest is believed to be a release candidate...

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
There have been several leaks for the Epic 4G Touch already. The latest is believed to be a release candidate...

Not believed, is. The only question is whether FK21/23 will be used versus 28/29... and what (if any) difference was between the two.
Keep in mind, FI25 was supposed to be the last update and at the last minute was changed to FI27.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update came courtesy of XDA developers

You mean SXTP-Developers. ;)

Lets have a moment of silence to thank Team Sextape for their continued support of the device, they have served our device well, and after this release they aren't supporting the device anymore.

NotBanksy01

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
why is samsung kies so rubbish ?...it very rarely accepts that my phone is connected and has just told me my sgs2 isnt a supported device!! help

mikefour77

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you all know if this update includes the multi-view feature? It sounds neat and something that I could really use.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you all know if this update includes the multi-view feature? It sounds neat and something that I could really use.

I'm afraid not.

The Multi-Window multitasking introduced by Samsung on the Galaxy Note 2 is probably one of the most lusted features in the Android community right now. While Samsung originally introduced the feature on the Note 2, it will be bringing the Multi-Window multitasking to the Galaxy S3 and the original Galaxy Note as well via the Android 4.1.2 update. The Galaxy S2, however, will not be getting the Multi-Window multitasking update probably because of its lower resolution screen and small screen size, which makes the multi-window multitasking kind of redundant.

Source: Galaxy S2 Gets Multi Window Multitasking From Galaxy Note 2! - Techie Buzz

However, it was ported to the International GS2 as you can see in that article, so there's a decent chance it will be ported to the E4GT at some point as well. You'd need to be willing to root and install custom recovery on your phone though.

ReDDevil2112

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I know what they mean, but I find it funny that our phone is now considered to have a "small screen size". It was huge when I first saw it, haha

Sent from my Galaxy S II

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I know what they mean, but I find it funny that our phone is now considered to have a "small screen size". It was huge when I first saw it, haha

Sent from my Galaxy S II

I'll admit, I laughed when I saw that too, although I'm pretty sure the author was more referring to the "tiny" (laugh out loud) 4.3" screen on the International SGS2 model. In the end, I'd imagine the decision had more to do with resolution than anything else.

emaad99

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys
i have beenn looking into getting a new phone and the s2 is my primary choice
I chose the s2 because i really wanted jellybean, but now im not sure if there even going to do the update...
If anyone knows when they will have the update that would be great.
also i was wondering what the battery life was like on an average day of usage

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. My sister has this phone, but it's not on Sprints network anymore. If they do release an official over the air update will her phone get it was well even if it's not currently an active phone?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys
i have beenn looking into getting a new phone and the s2 is my primary choice
I chose the s2 because i really wanted jellybean, but now im not sure if there even going to do the update...
If anyone knows when they will have the update that would be great.
also i was wondering what the battery life was like on an average day of usage

Yes there will be a JB update for this phone, and the ROM is excellent. I'm running the latest leak right now and I've been very impressed. It's impossible to predict when it will be released officially, but before year end is a possibility. I'm betting on mid to late January though.

Battery life has been great on JB, but as always it depends highly on your typical usage pattern.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When the ota push finally does happen would anyone who gets it first plz pull it from ur phone before installing and upload for everyone here to do a manual update so we can all enjoy jellybean as soon as possible that's how I got the ics update so fast on my girlfriends viper plz and thks

Sent from my totally awesome S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try and install jb this way but can someone plz point me in the right direction on best way to root this phone so I can use mobile Odin to flash plz.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try and install jb this way but can someone plz point me in the right direction on best way to root this phone so I can use mobile Odin to flash plz.

Mobile Odin will not flash modems on this phone, and you need the Fk23 modem for the JB ROM. You'll need to use a PC and the Odin one-click package.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Very easy to do and great battery life. I have had better reception. A lot better response and email functionality. I love this rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums