Screen Shot on JB

frankyblike

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so for some reason power plus home button wont take a screenshot since i updated to jelly bean. Is there a different way to do it on jelly bean? or is my phone tripping?

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay so for some reason power plus home button wont take a screenshot since i updated to jelly bean. Is there a different way to do it on jelly bean? or is my phone tripping?

I was able to eventually get a screenshot using home and power....had to hold both at same time for a few seconds, was tricky.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Power + down volume button

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
gnr2 - This isn't the Galaxy Nexus thread. That is not how to capture a screenshot on the E4GT, they are correct for the E4GT it is Home and Power-button. I have noticed this is extremely flaky though with the new release. I get it to do one maybe once in every 6 tries.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
gnr2 - This isn't the Galaxy Nexus thread. That is not how to capture a screenshot on the E4GT, they are correct for the E4GT it is Home and Power-button. I have noticed this is extremely flaky though with the new release. I get it to do one maybe once in every 6 tries.
I know that. The feature became universal in Jellybean (which the person just updated to) and that's how you do it.

http://androidfact.com/how-to-screenshot-on-android-4-1-jelly-bean/

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I know that. The feature became universal in Jellybean (which the person just updated to) and that's how you do it.

:-\

Please talk about only what you know, because you don't know anything about this phone. I don't care what you think. Yeah maybe true native android phones like the Nexus work this way, but if you actually think manufacturers don't do anything to how you think a Jellybean phone should work - you are just kidding yourself.

Power + Home for screenshots on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch just like it has been since day one.

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Press first Home, if the phone have a cover, assured the home is press, (verify other are bright) and power for 2 or 3 seconds, then realese both.
Sometimes is difficult with the Otterbox Defender, this is the way that's work for me.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
:-\

Please talk about only what you know, because you don't know anything about this phone. I don't care what you think. Yeah maybe true native android phones like the Nexus work this way, but if you actually think manufacturers don't do anything to how you think a Jellybean phone should work - you are just kidding yourself.

Power + Home for screenshots on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch just like it has been since day one.
I guess Androidfact.com doesn't know what they are talking about either. Maybe you are the one kidding yourself. A quick Google search of screenshot and Jellybean reveals exactly what I said.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess Androidfact.com doesn't know what they are talking about either.

Maybe, but this discussion is about the official Sprint & Samsung Jellybean update to the E4GT, not someone's custom build. Right out of the box and on every official update to this phone it is power + home. I can press power + volume-down all day long and I get nothing but my phone trying to lower the volume. Power + Home for about a good second I can take screenshots all day long. I might listen to you if you had this phone and by now that is a BIG might, but you don't so stop bringing your misinformation here. Are you bored and just want to troll around and try showing everyone how great you think you are?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Update:

Some posts were removed and thread cleaned up. I think we have all our opinions and differences resolved.

Thanks to those involved for working things out.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Last edited:

billyiscool

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
e3u7uhy2.jpg
mine you got a hold for awhile power button might be broken lol

Sent from my E4GT in the minecraft world :p

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
...this discussion is about the official Sprint & Samsung Jellybean update to the E4GT, not someone's custom build. Right out of the box and on every official update to this phone it is power + home. I can press power + volume-down all day long and I get nothing but my phone trying to lower the volume.
Not to cause trouble, but Power + Volume down has worked with every official update in the past. Both Power + Home and Power + Volume Down used to work.
I've owned the E4GT since 2011 and always used Power + Volume down for screenshots. It just stopped working with JB.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums