[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Skunk I flashed the non notification thing you gave me but I'm still getting update notifications. :/

It's did that for me too.... I went into recovery (after letting the update fail again) and cleared the cashe, then reflashed it and it worked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the Anakonda ROM from Team Venum. Good look for Halloween.
Is this any different from the Wicked Sensations ROM I was running other than the colors? So far I haven't found much. Ring tones and wallpapers aside.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the Anakonda ROM from Team Venum. Good look for Halloween.
Is this any different from the Wicked Sensations ROM I was running other than the colors? So far I haven't found much. Ring tones and wallpapers aside.

Not much... I even went so far as to flash a dropdown from the Wicked Sensations Rom, and it worked without a hitch.

Last edited:

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
The aokp ROM says to format system. Why is that?? Is that must?? If I go to another rom, will I have to format the system again??

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The aokp ROM says to format system. Why is that?? Is that must?? If I go to another rom, will I have to format the system again??

I would always do that if using cwm. It will be in the mounts and storage menu. Format system doesn't format everything. It just removes all traces of the old ROM and better prepares your phone for a new ROM. You could also format data and cache.
I often wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format system, format data and format cache prior to flashing. It's really not a big deal. Formatting the system is always a good idea and in itself, does nothing to data.

If you are on twrp there is no format system.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. It wasn't a feature when I was using it in the past. The reboot recovery option was also not there. I will have to play with twrp again. :p

For sure. It's an awesome recovery. I think the system wipe was added in either 2.0.0.0 or 2.2.2.0 or something; one of the 2.x.x.x releases. It's kind of hard to keep track of versions with so many numbers. But it's there now, and I use it for every ROM I flash.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So I flashed the Green Monstah rom and everything on the home screens is compressed and squeezed. Nothing is as wide as it's supposed to be.
I wiped and cleared first, rebooted, updated everything.
Very odd.
y8anyhub.jpg

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you downloaded it or what you wiped but i follow a few simple rules and very rarely do i have any issues.

1. Never download ROM's on 3g.
2. When using CWM, never wipe or format anything but dalvik, system, data and cache.
3. When using TWRP never use the format option, only use the wipe options.

RbBrdMan

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernal Library

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a ROM for my Sprint GS3 that still has touchwiz and some of the Samsung features such as calendar and s note. But doesn't have all the other Sprint and Samsung bloat.

I'm currently using CM10 ver. 4.1.2. Is there a ROM out there for me that keeps the positives of touchwiz without all the other bloat? Or should I just stick with CM10. I've been using CM10 for a few days and I really like it, just missing some of those touchwiz things.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernal Library

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a ROM for my Sprint GS3 that still has touchwiz and some of the Samsung features such as calendar and s note. But doesn't have all the other Sprint and Samsung bloat.

I'm currently using CM10 ver. 4.1.2. Is there a ROM out there for me that keeps the positives of touchwiz without all the other bloat? Or should I just stick with CM10. I've been using CM10 for a few days and I really like it, just missing some of those touchwiz things.

I hope you mean s memo as the gs3 doesn't come with s note.

Wicked Sensations currently based on the latest leaked version of JellyBean is very nice. I have been running the test version of Wicked Sensations based off of the official jellybean and have had no issues. It is supposed to be released today. As soon as I get the the official version linked or uploaded to my server service the thread will be updated from [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean [LEAKED] ROM to [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean [OFFICIAL] ROM

[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean [LEAKED] ROM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa