Suggestions for stock android Rom? sphL710 sprint mk3

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Looking to flash my FIRST custom Rom. Looking for a nexus experience. Stock android Very stable, if not perfect, for daily driver.

Taking biased suggestions, favorites.

(LINKS WOULD BE SUPER APPRECIATED :)

Posted via Android Central App

awdsti4u

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey john, noob here. I'm looking to root my sprint s3, but updated to 4.3. Question is were you able to root with mk3 (knox)? If so, how & what are you currently running? Thanks in advance!

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey john, noob here. I'm looking to root my sprint s3, but updated to 4.3. Question is were you able to root with mk3 (knox)? If so, how & what are you currently running? Thanks in advance!

I WAS able to root.

-Download Odin

-downloaded the deodexed/odexed (which ever works) stock 4.3 rom (rooted) zip. And the knox removal zip. And supersu zip. move all these zips to an ext sd card or int memory of your phone to access later in recovery mode (connect phone to computer, open "phone" and drag files right into phone with the rest of the files in your phone)

-put phone in download mode

-flash THE LATEST VERSION of philz recovery using Odin. You can look up how to do this if you don't know. (make sure "restart phone" box in Odin is NOT checked. Remove battery after "pass". Wait a few seconds.put battery back in. And start phone in recovery)
-If you somehow mess up the previous step you should probably start over.

-reboot in recovery

FIND RECOVERY AND BACK UP OPTION. PERFORM A BACK UP(INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL MEMORY). THIS IS A NANDROID BACKUP. MAY TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES. REQUIRES A LOT OF SPACE. BUT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!!

-in recovery do a factory reset. Wipe and install new os. (This will not delete internal memory. Ex: pictures, music or the 3 zip files you just put on there.)

-in recovery mode go to ad zip. Go to internal sd or ext sd(wherever you put the files. Look around real good) load them and reboot.

First reboot took me anywhere from 3 to 5 min. Allow up to ten before you get worried. I'll post a link with much better instructions and files.

PHILZ recovery is very IMPORTANT. After you get root access and supersu to work, feel free to change to whatever recovery you want. But I tried twrp and normal cwm and it did not work to get root.

Last edited:

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Also I was able to flash cm11. (4.4 kit kat)

I've read we can't flash older custom roms for other reasons that I'm not informed enough to explain. Let me know what you're able to flash.

awdsti4u

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Thank you so much! I probably won't be able to do this until after the holidays, but I will definitely let you know what happens. Thank you for sharing, this community is awesome.

awdsti4u

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So I rooted today, used the CFAutoroot method, super easy. Here's what I did, downloaded odin, chainfires cf autoroot, moar rom, & mk3modem. So I flashed cf autoroot, phone rebooted, knox warning appeared so supersu kept crashing. Went to app manager & turned off superuser, download from play store again & disabled knox as prompted. Downloaded titanium backup & backed up phone info. Downloaded goo manager & installed twrp, rebooted into recovery. Flashed mk3 modem, flashed updated mk3 4.3 moar rom, rebooted & restored titanium backup. Now I'm running awesome moar rom, no knox warnings, no prompt for ota updates, just pure awesomeness. Just thought I'd share my experience, this forum is awesome.

wemetzger

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I installed MOAR, 7.1, and I like it. I have had CM before, it is also good, but I wanted something based off touchwiz (MOAR also has other non touch wiz options too)

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Biggest and best rom I have ever used would be the rootbox variants. Mibox, vanilla rootbox and just plain old rootbox. Best roms for stability/battery life/options and customization. Check out my rom list at top of forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer