Does GPS Work in Airplane Mode?

Buck69

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting to use my upgrade until I got some real world reviews and forum posts on the EVO4GLTE and the SGIII. I've used my OG EVO in airplane mode and turned on GPS and it worked flawlessly with navigation apps while biking, hiking, etc. Thinking about going SGIII, but want to know if GPS will work the same way. I've read and heard about the bad radios in Sammy devices. My brother has SGII and I wasn't able to get GPS to work in airplane mode. This feature isn't probably really important to some but any insight would be appreciated.
Sent from OG EVO

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for the S3 because like everyone else in the US I don't have one yet but I would imagine it should be able to or can be made to with a bit of a workaround.

I know on my Epic 4G it will not get a lock when in airplane mode but you can take it out of airplane mode, get a lock, and then put it back in airplane mode and it will continue to work. I have used this to track backpacking trips in the past and actually will be doing so this weekend.

Reactions: Buck69

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well from what I have heard of the international version of the s3 it has a better radio but Samsung does have that lack of good radios on cdma networks I'm on at&t and I have a skyrocket and it has a great radio (for me) so s3 should have at least that good or better

Sent from my OG ATRIX 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Buck69

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer