1 new email

bszaronos

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
When my S3 is in sleep mode it plays a notification '1 new email' I have looked all over to find where this is to turn this off.

I have gone into email settings and the ringtone is set to silence.

Please help.

Last edited:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When my S3 is in sleep mode it plays a notification '1 new email' I have looked all over to find where this is to turn this off.

I have gone into email settings and the ringtone is set to silence.

Please help.

Check in the settings under Acceptability... Sounds like you might have turned on the Talkback (or related), feature by mistake.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bszaronos

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
No I have checked and talk back is turned off.

If I have email notification on and the ringtone set to silent it plays the '1 new email message'. The funny thing is that I can not even find this as a sound to play with a notification.

The only thing I have found is if i turn off email notification all together then it does not happen. but then I don't get the led light when an email comes in.

bszaronos

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Finally figured it out !!!
The phone was in driving mode. It would announce when you got an email and would tell you the name of the person when you got a txt.

This was driving me nuts.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Glad I found this cause I did the same thing - accidentally enabled Car Mode on the notification settings and didn't know it. Couldn't figure out where in the world that "1 New Message" was coming from.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it fixed! But I'm worried about all the accidental turning on of features that you didn't mean to turn on accidentally. LOL!!