Cant View CNN Videos

dragoan

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I click on a CNN video I either get an error message I cant play the video and choice to TRY AGAIN or GO TO VIDEOS or something but cant even click on these.

It tells me I need flash video 10.1 or higher and when I install it get the same message as above.

Has anyone else had this problem?? It seems like videos just on this site I am having problems viewing. This is super annoying.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
That might be a good thing. ZING!

Are you using Chrome? Chrome doesn't support flash.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dragoan

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Offhand do you know of any I can try? Not sure of any other sites that uses Flash. All other sites I go to I have no problem viewing videos. SIII is my first smartphone.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, but only when I navigate to one of these videos through an RSS reader. If I go to the site directly they play fine. To complicate matters further, this is using the stock browser or Dolphin. If I use Firefox, they do play, even via the RSS.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dragoan

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
kcalmol I 100% appreciate the response and it seems firefox will play videos on CNN but I prefer the full site view compared to mobile view. Seems in firefox it just has mobile view with no option for full site view. I am giving up on this for now until hopefully Jellybean fixes this.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a Product Ambassador for Sprint and am here to help.

I'm unable to duplicate using the native browser (not Chrome but the 'internet' icon), I can browse to CNN and play embedded videos without issue.

If you are using Chrome, that is the issue and even Adobe has stated that Chrome will not support Flash. Even Adobe is no longer developing for mobile Flash.

Chrome for Android won't support Flash, Adobe confirms | The Verge

dragoan

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all who tried to help. I've been using the phones Internet browser not anything else and for some reason having problems. I downloaded Firefox and it asked if I wanted to install a plugin when tried viewing videos and I said yes and it works fine and was able to find the full site so all is well except why I could not view CNN videos from the actual phone browser. I am not on CNN for any political reason except to get some world news and the fact is the SIII should be able to play ANY videos from ANYWHERE as good as it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non