Phone Slow with full bars

kinckn

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with slow internet when you have full bars on 3g? Mine is slow when it should be fast. In Saint Louis.

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with slow internet when you have full bars on 3g? Mine is slow when it should be fast. In Saint Louis.

Could be a backhaul issue. Many of the bottlenecks occurring with Sprint's legacy 3G network are in the overloaded backhaul.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. Sprint's 3G has got to be the slowest 3G on the planet. I don't care how many bars you have, lol
I'm patiently waiting for LTE

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, having full bars does not mean you get anything fast.
Its a representation of signal strength and signal quality.
But generally higher signal strength can represent better thruput as there are less errors in the signal.

Reactions: kinckn

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
When I had my galaxy s2, I wouldn't even bother using 3g. It was frustrating navigating the web. And videos? Omg...forget trying to watch anything on the web. As far as galaxy s3 goes, 3g is horrible too. However, I have no choice but to use it.

GadgetMedic

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's just Sprint. My son has the Verizon, wife has the ATT. They are both fine (all over, not just one spot). Sprint has to have the worst network in the world, but it's "unlimited" so it's the only choice for me.

Dropped calls, stalled data, all standard on the Sprint network until they launch the 4G LTE. God please hurry! :(

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
By the way, do any of you know when 4g is coming to the los Angeles area? I asked the guy at the Sprint store, and he said at the end of the summer. Something tells me he is as clueless as me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa