Force Roam App

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is this something that is downloaded and flashed from the sd card? Or should you download it from the site straight to your phone?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this something that is downloaded and flashed from the sd card? Or should you download it from the site straight to your phone?

It's an APK.... download the APK, and put it on your internal card or external SD card. Then install it from the SD card and you're good!

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's an APK.... download the APK, and put it on your internal card or external SD card. Then install it from the SD card and you're good!

Cool. Figured I'll check it out because my Sprint services doesn't get the strongest signal at places. If the verizon signal works better and this app works awesome if not oh well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually just forced roam on my phone without root or an app. I have the Verizon PRL profile and I just manually tell my phone to use it.. Then it uses Verizon and roams with them. When I am done and want to use Sprint's network I just go to my phone status and update the PRL and it will go back to Sprint. I simply just swap the Verizon PRL in when I want to use the roam and bam.

I would host the file here.. But.. Is it against forum rules? Don't think so but I don't want to be banned.

edit: as you can see they were funny with the PRL number lol.

PRL1.png

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh and never mind about my previous post in this thread.. I was wrong :).

Buddy at work showed me this trick.. Guess we learn something new everyday :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How do you manually tell the phone to use a different PRL file?

I looked in the forum rules, and didn't see anything that I thought my prohibit uploading a PRL file (except that you might need to zip it). But send a PM to a moderator to be sure.

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with Roam Control is that it doesn't always Roam to Verizon, in my area it usually roam to Metro PCS which is as slow sprint 3G...is there a way to select which network to roam to?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually just forced roam on my phone without root or an app. I have the Verizon PRL profile and I just manually tell my phone to use it.. Then it uses Verizon and roams with them. When I am done and want to use Sprint's network I just go to my phone status and update the PRL and it will go back to Sprint. I simply just swap the Verizon PRL in when I want to use the roam and bam.

I would host the file here.. But.. Is it against forum rules? Don't think so but I don't want to be banned.

edit: as you can see they were funny with the PRL number lol.

http://razskillhouse.com/stuff/PRL1.png

Finally loaded a Verizon prl, I wish sprint 3G could even give half the speed that Verizon is giving me even while roaming..
(top screen Verizon, bottom Sprint)
uploadfromtaptalk1363070758093.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363070786510.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89