IPhone 5: Yay or Nay?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK. I don't want to start a apple/iPhone bashing question. But anyone slightly tempted to switch from the S3 or not?
I've been jumping back and forth using android and iPhone since the original Motorola Droid. And all I can say about the iPhone 5 is nothing more then ho-hum attempt by Apple to play catch up to others. Nothing they announced today was anything special.
What's everyone's thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
No not at all... even aside from my apple hate the s3 seems to be and is a better overall phone I mean i don't get anything about it... its way too dumbed down

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Thaxx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally im going to hold out for the next Galaxy Nexus.... not only is it cheaper to just go with a prepaid plan but i get the latest updates stright from google. even with the spec bump that is rumored i feel the next Nexus will still trump the Iphone5 with features like an unlocked bootloader, NFC, and the fantastic 3rd party development community we all have here with android.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Nay. I wasn't excited about it at all. Apple seems to be just boring nowadays. I love my s3 now

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Not even in the slightest. Unless something exciting comes along this fall I might try the Lumina they just announced if it comes to AT&T

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple has always announced at least one feature that other phones don't have. What is that one feature this time? I don't see it. This is just a "me too" phone. Therefore I will pass.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think even the Apple Fan Boys know that the new iPhone5 isn't anything special. They're just trying to save face. A bigger screen? Wow, Android had those for a while now. Google maps is way better the Apple Maps. I think Apple knows that the fire is slowly burning away. What else do they really have to offer?

All Google has to do is come out with a nice sexy phone, using different material, make it nice an shinny, plus fashionable and they'll have the best phone out on the market. Hopefully a new Motorola Google Nexus would do the trick. That's what I'm hoping for. Please God!lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OK. I don't want to start a apple/iPhone bashing question. But anyone slightly tempted to switch from the S3 or not?
I've been jumping back and forth using android and iPhone since the original Motorola Droid. And all I can say about the iPhone 5 is nothing more then ho-hum attempt by Apple to play catch up to others. Nothing they announced today was anything special.
What's everyone's thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
There is nothing new or exciting about the iPhone 5. At least the various manufacturers who use Android are willing to take chances and try new things. Samsung for all of its problems has taken chances with their various tablets, trying out the numerous sizes, even creating the Note. They see what works and doesn't work. LG has created their own larger screen phone to compete against the Note.

Personally, I was hoping for a larger screen, something similar in size to some of the Android phones ie. Nexus, SIII, RAZR and etc.

I will probably take a look at it. But, more than likely, the next phone I purchase will be the next Nexus.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My daughter (14 y/o) uses an OG evo right now and her line is due for an upgrade. When the Photon Q came out she was drooling over it like a zombie in a labotomy hospital. But her friends turned her onto the "hype" of the iphone 5 and pretty much coerced her into wanting the iphone instead of the Photon Q. So I held out ordering the Q. Now the iphone 5 has been announced and what it's got.....her friends were like "WTF???" and she said she laughed so hard at them because they thought it was going to be an actual upgrade over thier 4S's! Needless to say now, I'm ordering her the Photon Q tomarrow instead of the iterd.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

iPhone sucks monkey balls. No offense monkeys. I wouldn't want my balls sucked by Apple either

Hey!!!! I hear Apple has some good ball sucking abilities! I'm sure not as good as Hamadryas Baboons but good nonetheless!!! LOL

I went to the imore site to look at the comments about the iterd 5 and low and behold....it's stagnant. I think people are more excited about the new schticky!!

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Personally im going to hold out for the next Galaxy Nexus.... not only is it cheaper to just go with a prepaid plan but i get the latest updates stright from google. even with the spec bump that is rumored i feel the next Nexus will still trump the Iphone5 with features like an unlocked bootloader, NFC, and the fantastic 3rd party development community we all have here with android.

Ogm... The Galaxy S III trumps the iPhone 5.

GS3