Visit site
Look at what pixel owners paid for.

Not big enough of battery.
Not enough storage.
Not enough ram.
A screen that's not bright enough
No fps.

But you paid more.

And then you sit up and defend google not building a phone correctly.

And you feel good you paid 900.00 for the phone was a good deal.

We cant understand your reasoning.

As long as people keep doing what you have done.

Mfg are gonna try to give us less and charge more.

Mfg should be working to get our business.

Why do you have to understand their reasoning? Why do you care? It's not your responsibility to understand or care for anyone who isn't your responsibility. It always makes me laugh how people want the government to stay out of their business, them turn around and insert themselves into other people's business.

At the end of the day, it's up to each person to decide for themselves what they need and what something is worth to them. No one person has the same needs or wants as the next. There's nothing wrong with offering your opinion, but to act as if your opinion is gospel for everyone else and then not understand why they don't adhere to it is arrogant at best. You know nothing about them other than what's posted here, and you don't have to live with their purchases, they do.

But since you probably won't let it go, the reasons I have gone with the Pixel devices in the past (I haven't gotten a Pixel 4 and haven't decided if I will or won't) is because I'm either not interested in other devices, they're not available to me, or I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time trying to get them to do what I want them to. I live in the central United States. Where I live Verizon is about the only game in town. AT&T and T-Mobile are in the general area, but their coverage has more holes than Swiss cheese. I've owned Samsung devices before, but had nothing but issues with them. And every time I look at a new one, I'm reminded of that and that even though One UI is better than TouchWiz, it's still not what I want. OnePlus for the most part isn't very accessible for Verizon customers, and I'd rather not spend a lot of time trying to get them to work. Huawei is out currently, but other than the 6p, again, there wasn't much accessibility for Verizon customers, and that's mostly the case with any Chinese OEMs. That leaves LG, Motorola, or switching to an iPhone. But again, none of what they're offering appeals to me. Now if rumors are true and OnePlus is officially coming to Verizon next year, maybe I'll give them a shot, although I'm still not enthused about Oxygen OS.

I started off with HTC for several phones, then went to a Samsung, then a few Motorola phones after they'd ditched Motoblur, then to the 6p and finally the Pixels. It was only after going to a more stock version of Android that I really began to enjoy it. And the Moto and Google devices finally started giving me decent SOT as well. I've actually had very good battery life with them and I've always gone for the smaller of the two Pixel models (after the 6p I decided I wanted something smaller).

So I'm sorry if I don't find the value in Samsung and Chinese OEMs devices as you do, but then I'm not you, and I wouldn't think myself important enough to tell you or anyone else what they should do with their money. Perhaps you could do the same.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't buy a Pixel 4 and I disagree. What's wrong with letting people like what they like. They see the value in it so that's good enough. I decided not to get one, not because of price, but because it's not offering anything I need that I don't already have.

Until people stand up to Google.
The Big Boys are not going to change.
They are going to keep doing the same thing.
Maybe other phone carriers will start doing the same thing.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Until people stand up to Google.
The Big Boys are not going to change.
They are going to keep doing the same thing.
Maybe other phone carriers will start doing the same thing.

But why should people “stand up to Google” if they like the phones? Because you don’t?
I won’t buy one because they don’t fit my needs. I have a Nokia 7.1 because of things like expandable storage, but I certainly don’t expect everyone to run out and get one because I did.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Google is not the government.
At least I hope not.
I'm talking about google or Alphabet, offering more.

I care because some lost sole down the road might wind up with that phone.

When I did lock & Safe work.
Why didn't I put a cheap lock on a customers door.
And charge them for a good commercial duty lock.
After all, they got insurance.
And I'm not gonna be there if somebody breaks in and hurts them.

I'm making more money.
They dont know the difference.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
But why should people “stand up to Google” if they like the phones? Because you don’t?
I won’t buy one because they don’t fit my needs. I have a Nokia 7.1 because of things like expandable storage, but I certainly don’t expect everyone to run out and get one because I did.

It's the price they are charging for the phone.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you all would stop quoting him, it might end..

38c9688ec5e8631448be42f20ca5bd8e.gif

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
And who do you count for.
Myself. But you seem to think you have some super vote that invalidates what everyone else likes. For like the billionth time. Just because the Pixel isn't for you doesn't mean everyone else should hate it and automatically agree with you. It's your opinion. Your entitled to it but that doesn't make my opinion or someone else's invalid. What works for me doesn't have to work for you. We don't love in North Korea. We have the ability to make our own decisions. I STILL don't understand why you're even posting in the Pixel 4 forums. You don't own one and you're not going to buy one. There only reason I can think of is you want to troll everyone...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Myself. But you seem to think you have some super vote that invalidates what everyone else likes. For like the billionth time. Just because the Pixel isn't for you doesn't mean everyone else should hate it and automatically agree with you. It's your opinion. Your entitled to it but that doesn't make my opinion or someone else's invalid. What works for me doesn't have to work for you. We don't love in North Korea. We have the ability to make our own decisions. I STILL don't understand why you're even posting in the Pixel 4 forums. You don't own one and you're not going to buy one. There only reason I can think of is you want to troll everyone...

Can buy whatever I want.
I dont like stuff that ain't quality and worth what you paid for it.

Do it right.
Or don't do it at all.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
At least I hope not.

I'm making more money.
It's not your responsibility to be a social justice warrior and advocate on behalf of all these poor neglected Pixel users (sarcasm). Buy what you like. Let others do the same. Who cares it doesn't hurt you. Honestly no one is asking for your opinion...

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Can buy whatever I want.
I dont like stuff that ain't quality and worth what you paid for it.

Do it right.
Or don't do it at all.

Again that's all subjective. I'm a GM guy. IMO Ford and Dodge are garbage. Does that mean I hang out if Ford forums and bash them 12 how's a day? No. If I took cues from you I should be doing everything I could do to stop people from buying Ford and Dodge. I don't because people are allowed to like different things. What's important to me isn't important to others and vice versa. Geez I feel like I'm talking to the wall...

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At least I hope not.

I'm making more money.

I never said Google was, but it's still hypocritical to rail about having a third party in your business and then getting into someone else's.

If someone else buys it down the line, there is a resource for them to research if it is worth it for them to buy or not. I think it's called the internet. Try it sometime, but beware there are a lot of a-holes on there.

That's not even the same thing. Did you manufacture the lock yourself and set the price? Or did you buy it from the manufacturer and then charge higher than what they set as the retail price? You're looking at it from the standpoint of a spec sheet. If that was all you had to do to tell something was good or bad, this would all be academic. But specs aren't the be all, end all of a smartphone.

People like you remind me of the worst salespeople I've dealt with. The most recent was in a carrier store. He asked what I wanted to look at, and I said the Galaxy S10e, to which he replied "Oh, you like Android" with a not so subtle tinge of disdain in his voice. With his manager a few feet away and looking a bit ticked off, I turned and left the store, waving the manager away as he tried to salvage the situation. See, that salesperson doesn't have to pay for the device or live with it, I do. He can do whatever he wants with his money. I didn't ask for his opinion, I asked to see a phone, and his self arrogance cost him a commission. But the most boneheaded one was a car salesman. I was looking at a new truck, and the one I was looking at retailed around $50k. The one I wanted was in dark gray metallic. He said, "That's kind of an effeminate color." I said "Congratulations, you just lost a $50k sale and a repeat customer", loud enough for anyone nearby to hear.

So I guess the moral of this story is, unless you want to start paying for my purchases, stop telling ME what to do with MY money. My life and my decisions aren't for you to understand or manage, stop acting like they are.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Again that's all subjective. I'm a GM guy. IMO Ford and Dodge are garbage. Does that mean I hang out if Ford forums and bash them 12 how's a day? No. If I took cues from you I should be doing everything I could do to stop people from buying Ford and Dodge. I don't because people are allowed to like different things. What's important to me isn't important to others and vice versa. Geez I feel like I'm talking to the wall...

Let's face it, GM, Ford, and Dodge (Chrysler) are all garbage :)

I like Google. After all I use Android, I use google apps, and I have been using Google phones since Nexus 1. But I think what they did with Pixel 4 is a joke. I really wanted to buy it, and I still can for nearly half of what it costs, but I think it's not worth it. I still might get it when it drops in price, at which point it will be free for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.