Google Pixels are NOT Samsung or Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn’t mean they are a troll. They are only a troll if they are frequently starting flame wars or criticising something even when it’s unrelated.
No someone who is here just to trash something they've never held in their hand, don't own, and doesn't have any intention to own in the future is just trolling for reactions...

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
So all reviewers are wrong and you're right. Okay.

Here's the thing: bullsh** Chinese phones, those cheap ones that cost $500, have three cameras, 12GB RAM, larger batteries, and 256GB storage. For $500. What are you getting for $1000 on your Pixel 4 XL? Half the RAM, half the on-board storage, weak batteries, and two cameras. That's just absolute garbage.

Forget the Reviewers! I’ll listen to my grandfather tell me which phone to get before I listen to a Reviewer.

I never said I was right. But I do know what’s right for ME!!!

See your thing is specs. You got your panties all in a bunch over specs and the fine, whatever floats your boat buddy. But I like performance, timely updates, battery life and cameras. Something that the Pixel 4 XL does well with, if not the best.

If I wanted a device with topped out features, I would’ve kept my S10+ and Note 10+. But those phones both stuttered. So the performance wasn’t there for me.

I believe the iPhones have been running this mindset for years, that specs aren’t everything. And I think they proved just that with every iPhone sold. They optimized their OS to work on their phone great. Same with the Google and the Pixel.

So you chose a $500 phone. That’s great, nothing wrong with that. That your choice. But you let me know when that phone gets the latest Android update months down the road.

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn’t mean they are a troll. They are only a troll if they are frequently starting flame wars or criticising something even when it’s unrelated.

True. Even so, I can see it being annoying for new Pixel owners to see the same “not enough RAM/Storage/Battery, etc “ posts over and over. Especially from folks who chose not to buy it. Lots of folks are enjoying their new phones, and want share their good experiences, and perhaps they feel like some folks are just constantly raining on their parade without any useful goal.

I do think it’s important to acknowledge the negatives (I’ve pointed a few out before launch). Critically though, I do think actual user experiences count a lot. Those with the phone hearing what’s bad from those who don’t own it - over and over - can be annoying for sure, you know?

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So all reviewers are wrong and you're right. Okay.

Here's the thing: bullsh** Chinese phones, those cheap ones that cost $500, have three cameras, 12GB RAM, larger batteries, and 256GB storage. For $500. What are you getting for $1000 on your Pixel 4 XL? Half the RAM, half the on-board storage, weak batteries, and two cameras. That's just absolute garbage.
That's the problem, Google is trying to be like Apple and Samsung. In this case, WTK what they're doing...

I'm an ADDICT and I will not buy this phone. LOL

Unless of course carriers offers ana amazing deal which is very unlikely. I saved $505 by switching to Freedom Mobile which why I got the 64GB iPhone 11 Pro Max gold.

Crazy not stupid. I will not drop $1,500 that easily.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought this thread was about OP asking owners that have their pixel 4 or 4xl what the positive they liking about it , and we ended up like this ...smh

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No someone who is here just to trash something they've never held in their hand, don't own, and doesn't have any intention to own in the future is just trolling for reactions...
Why does one need to own it.

I had the Pixel. Being an addict I was FINDING EXCUSES to upgrade even though I knew it was garbage and over priced. I remember posting how amazed I was by Google Assistant, that it was worth it. I'm LMFAO because I rarely use it even today. As for Stock/OS upgrades FFS I don't keep my phones long enough.

This is the problem, fanboys will find reasons.

I always say I only upgraded because it was an amazing deal. No way I will ever say the iPhone 11 Pro Max is worth it and/or it's the best.

Like I said if I was forced by limited budget, OnePlus will be the only phone I buy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I like to hear more of pixel 4 and 4xl owner's postives on the phone as I'll be purchasing one around holidays which is not far away .

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Why does one need to own it.

I had the Pixel. Being an addict I was FINDING EXCUSES to upgrade even though I knew it was garbage and over priced. I remember posting how amazed I was by Google Assistant, that it was worth it. I'm LMFAO because I rarely use it even today. As for Stock/OS upgrades FFS I don't keep my phones long enough.

This is the problem, fanboys will find reasons.

I always say I only upgraded because it was an amazing deal. No way I will ever say the iPhone 11 Pro Max is worth it and/or it's the best.

Like I said if I was forced by limited budget, OnePlus will be the only phone I buy.
It's more that they have absolutely zero intention of buying it and they clearly are only here to stir the pot. 99% of the people in the world don't change phones like they change underwear. So things like security updates and OS updates are important. I upgrade every other year so things like that are important to me. Cyber security is a big deal in 2019 so the more often those updates come it the better. Just saying...

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's more that they have absolutely zero intention of buying it and they clearly are only here to stir the pot. 99% of the people in the world don't change phones like they change underwear. So things like security updates and OS updates are important. I upgrade every other year so things like that are important to me. Cyber security is a big deal in 2019 so the more often those updates come it the better. Just saying...

Most ppl don’t care about security updates because they are unaware of them. My girlfriend is an iPhone user and she doesn’t even know when a new iPhone is out. I consider her an average consumer. The only time they worry about such things is if it makes the news, otherwise they don’t know what’s up. Heck they could go a year without a software update and not even realizing it.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Most ppl don’t care about security updates because they are unaware of them. My girlfriend is an iPhone user and she doesn’t even know when a new iPhone is out. I consider her an average consumer. The only time they worry about such things is if it makes the news, otherwise they don’t know what’s up. Heck they could go a year without a software update and not even realizing it.

And that's a problem! This is what people should be complaining about. Not the amount of RAM. Not that their screen isn't bright enough. Not that there aren't any ear buds in the box. I guarantee if their phone is hacked it's gonna cost then a lot more than a pair of ear buds or a headphone adaptor. Just saying...

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
And that's a problem! This is what people should be complaining about. Not the amount of RAM. Not that their screen isn't bright enough. Not that there aren't any ear buds in the box. I guarantee if their phone is hacked it's gonna cost then a lot more than a pair of ear buds or a headphone adaptor. Just saying...

Lol no it’s not a problem at all because the updates are being pushed out anyways. Besides you need to understand something, there’s 2 worlds, the techie world who involves us in forums and the regular consumer world that are unaware of those security updates. The latter represent the vast majority of ppl out there.

When is the last time you saw a consumer walk into an att store looking for a new phone and ask if the device they’re looking for has monthly security updates? They are more interested in what brand of a phone it is and what features it has. They put their trust in att and whichever company makes the device so it’s silly to say that ppl should be complaining about security updates instead of brighter screens.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Lol no it’s not a problem at all because the updates are being pushed out anyways. Besides you need to understand something, there’s 2 worlds, the techie world who involves us in forums and the regular consumer world that are unaware of those security updates. The latter represent the vast majority of ppl out there.

When is the last time you saw a consumer walk into an att store looking for a new phone and ask if the device they’re looking for has monthly security updates? They are more interested in what brand of a phone it is and what features it has. They put their trust in att and whichever company makes the device so it’s silly to say that ppl should be complaining about security updates instead of brighter screens.

When I worked at Best Buy Mobile. I had customers come in asking about “update frequency” so it does happen. Just saying.

It wasn’t a lot lol. But I do understand what you’re saying :)

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When I worked at Best Buy Mobile. I had customers come in asking about “update frequency” so it does happen. Just saying.

It wasn’t a lot lol. But I do understand what you’re saying :)

Yeah there’s always an exception but overall, that doesn’t happen everyday. That person is probably a techie like us in which case it makes sense for them to ask.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
WOW! I didn't think by making this thread was going to turn out to be a bunch of TROLLS who do not own a Pixel 4 or 4XL to cry Just because they like to B@ *$h. I do not buy Samsung phones cause I don't like it. I don't like the UI one or what ever it's called. They make damn good phones but its just not for ME. I don't buy Apple cause what I use my phone for it doesn't work well with my windows computer for transferring things that I need. They also make really good phones, but again its NOT FOR ME! My 1st google phone was the Pixel 2 xl. I love that phone, Many did not, but for me it was perfect. It did what I needed it to do. I charged it up overnight and had plenty of battery for the entire next day. I usually put it back on the charger when I went to bed at about 40 to 50%. I plan on continuing on using my Pixel 2xl as my driver for my drone.
So now it comes to my Pixel 4 XL. I purchased the Google stand for wireless charging. I like that. I place it on the charging stand at night and wake up to a full battery. At night when I place it on the wireless charger it has about 55% battery left. That's plenty for me, even more than what I need. I have 128g of space on my phone. Most stuff I have is on One Drive or Google drive, Yes I pay for both because I can and want to. The only thing I have on my phone which takes up about 25G is all my music. I do not subscribe for music as I own all my own. So I still have plenty of space on my 4XL. I also like the face unlock. Its really fast. And I was unsure of this at 1st cause I did really like the finger print sensor on the back of my 2XL. I like the new gestures, It takes some getting used to but I like the change. I am a photographer also, It does not matter to me if it has a ultra wide angle lens or not. I have my DSLR if I need that. What is more important to me is the telephoto. That is what I mostly have on my DSLR and when I don't have my DSLR camera with me, and I see something, at least if have a good camera to get what I need. As for did I pay to much for my 4 XL with 128G, NO. It may not have some things the other flag ship phones have, and if I wanted those features, I would have purchased one of those phones, but I did not. I picked the pixel 4 xl because that's what I like and wanted.

Now will a moderator please close this thread. Its turned into something I totally did not intend for it to be.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site

Your missing the point. It has noting to do with being a techie or not. People don't worry about it and they should. I've worked for banks and investment firms for the last 20 years. Have you ever seen the carnage caused from having your identity stolen? I have. Trust me it's an absolute nightmare. All anyone who's ever had it happen to them (I'm not taking about just a stolen credit card number either). If you ever have it happen I can promise you that from that point on you'll be less worried about battery size or what phone takes the best selfie and more worried about how to protect you sensitive information. It costs thousands of dollars and even then years later things may not be fixed. I'm sorry but AT&T and the other manufactures pushing out security updates that are already months behind at the time they are released is not secure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry it ended up like this , usually they don't . Enjoy your pixel 4 it's a awesome device
WOW! I didn't think by making this thread was going to turn out to be a bunch of TROLLS who do not own a Pixel 4 or 4XL to cry Just because they like to B@ *$h. I do not buy Samsung phones cause I don't like it. I don't like the UI one or what ever it's called. They make damn good phones but its just not for ME. I don't buy Apple cause what I use my phone for it doesn't work well with my windows computer for transferring things that I need. They also make really good phones, but again its NOT FOR ME! My 1st google phone was the Pixel 2 xl. I love that phone, Many did not, but for me it was perfect. It did what I needed it to do. I charged it up overnight and had plenty of battery for the entire next day. I usually put it back on the charger when I went to bed at about 40 to 50%. I plan on continuing on using my Pixel 2xl as my driver for my drone.
So now it comes to my Pixel 4 XL. I purchased the Google stand for wireless charging. I like that. I place it on the charging stand at night and wake up to a full battery. At night when I place it on the wireless charger it has about 55% battery left. That's plenty for me, even more than what I need. I have 128g of space on my phone. Most stuff I have is on One Drive or Google drive, Yes I pay for both because I can and want to. The only thing I have on my phone which takes up about 25G is all my music. I do not subscribe for music as I own all my own. So I still have plenty of space on my 4XL. I also like the face unlock. Its really fast. And I was unsure of this at 1st cause I did really like the finger print sensor on the back of my 2XL. I like the new gestures, It takes some getting used to but I like the change. I am a photographer also, It does not matter to me if it has a ultra wide angle lens or not. I have my DSLR if I need that. What is more important to me is the telephoto. That is what I mostly have on my DSLR and when I don't have my DSLR camera with me, and I see something, at least if have a good camera to get what I need. As for did I pay to much for my 4 XL with 128G, NO. It may not have some things the other flag ship phones have, and if I wanted those features, I would have purchased one of those phones, but I did not. I picked the pixel 4 xl because that's what I like and wanted.

Now will a moderator please close this thread. Its turned into something I totally did not intend for it to be.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It's unfortunate and some people don't know to respect other people's choices. Anyway important thing is you are enjoying the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter