Google Pixels are NOT Samsung or Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If you all would stop quoting him, it might end..

38c9688ec5e8631448be42f20ca5bd8e.gif

Until they put a slap button next to the like button, it's all we got.

embarrassed-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Let's face it, GM, Ford, and Dodge (Chrysler) are all garbage :)

I like Google. After all I use Android, I use google apps, and I have been using Google phones since Nexus 1. But I think what they did with Pixel 4 is a joke. I really wanted to buy it, and I still can for nearly half of what it costs, but I think it's not worth it. I still might get it when it drops in price, at which point it will be free for me.
You get my point though

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it, GM, Ford, and Dodge (Chrysler) are all garbage :)

I like Google. After all I use Android, I use google apps, and I have been using Google phones since Nexus 1. But I think what they did with Pixel 4 is a joke. I really wanted to buy it, and I still can for nearly half of what it costs, but I think it's not worth it. I still might get it when it drops in price, at which point it will be free for me.

If you’re able to get it for half the price then I think it’s a good.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not much to see here. Folks defending and justifying their purchases... As usual.

Most modern smartphones are great now. No need to tear down other manufacturers to boost your personal purchase. It comes off so silly in 2019.

Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not much to see here. Folks defending and justifying their purchases... As usual.

Most modern smartphones are great now. No need to tear down other manufacturers to boost your personal purchase. It comes off so silly in 2019.

Agreed. I personally don't see why people should have to justify their purchases to other people who have no connection to them. Unless you're purchase is paid for or being reimbursed by a company, the only person you have to justify your purchase to is yourself. Just like I don't see why some feel the need to make people justify what they do with their money to them. But.. you know, internet.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not enough battery for ME.

I count.

Yes you do count, for yourself. Your thoughts and opinions don't count to anyone but yourself, just like mine don't count for anyone but me. I can put my thoughts and opinions out there, but I don't believe that people have to agree with me, especially when it's concerning their money and what they do with it, because it's not my money or my purchase.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If Google simply put a bigger battery and a third camera, an ultra wide the criticism wouldn't be so bad. There was no reason for them not to.

https://youtu.be/IgTiwdyI4K8

No, people would still find things to gripe about. Just perusing the forums and article comments sections since the announcement, the areas other than what you posted that they take issue with are:

Didn't have a SD855+
Didn't have 5G
Didn't have front facing speakers
Didn't have 8, 10, or 12 GB of RAM
Didn't have 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of on board storage
Didn't have expandable memory
Didn't have a brighter screen
Didn't have a fingerprint scanner
Didn't have original quality photo backup
Didn't have more actions that Soli can do
Didn't have an FM radio
Didn't have a headphone jack
Didn't include headphones or a dongle in the box
Wasn't made of something other than glass
Doesn't have a modern design
Has too large of a top bezel, too small of a bottom bezel, the bezels aren't symmetrical, or it has any bezels at all

And that's just off the top of my head. I swear techies gripe more than farmers (before anyone says anything, I grew up on and am now retired on a farm, and yes we do gripe quite a bit).

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
No, people would still find things to gripe about. Just perusing the forums and article comments sections since the announcement, the areas other than what you posted that they take issue with are:

Didn't have a SD855+
Didn't have 5G
Didn't have front facing speakers
Didn't have 8, 10, or 12 GB of RAM
Didn't have 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of on board storage
Didn't have expandable memory
Didn't have a brighter screen
Didn't have a fingerprint scanner
Didn't have original quality photo backup
Didn't have more actions that Soli can do
Didn't have an FM radio
Didn't have a headphone jack
Didn't include headphones or a dongle in the box
Wasn't made of something other than glass
Doesn't have a modern design
Has too large of a top bezel, too small of a bottom bezel, the bezels aren't symmetrical, or it has any bezels at all

And that's just off the top of my head. I swear techies gripe more than farmers (before anyone says anything, I grew up on and am now retired on a farm, and yes we do gripe quite a bit).

Also, " it's a iPhone clone". You see that every year too when Google adds something Apple has. Imagine if they would have added a third camera, this place would have exploded with all of the "oh my god why are they copying Apple!" talk.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I received my Pixel 4 XL. I ordered it on launch day, I also upgraded from a Pixel 2XL, (which I loved that phone). In the past I have had Apple iPhone's, and Samsung Galaxy phone's. Like auto manufactures everyone has their differences. You don't read many articles that bashes Ford because it doesn't have this feature and Chevrolet does or vice versa.
I have read nothing but negative reviews on the Pixel 4 and 4 XL since the launch. Everyone compares it to the iPhone and Samsung phones. Guess what? Google Pixel phones are in a league of its own. Samsung may have a curved screen and fills almost the entire front of the phone. Personally I do not like the curved screen, Its to hard to find a screen protector to fit well and with the curved screen I accidentally open other apps near the edge. I also do not like all the bloatware on Samsung phones. You have 2 email programs, 2 browsers, 2 messaging apps and so on, and the ones you don't use you can't remove from the phone. iPhone is iPhone, It's apple, I do not use an apple computer at home and in the past when I did have an iPhone it did not play well with a windows computer. I did not like using iTunes to transfer all my music and so forth to the iPhone. For this reason I like the Pixel phones, It runs smooth because its not loaded down with bloatware, It connects to my computer easily for transferring music, pictures, documents and what ever else I decide to put on my phone. I also love that the screen is NOT curved. When I ordered my pixel 4 XL I also ordered a glass screen protector from Zagg. You know what. It fits perfectly. No gaps around the edge, and touch sensitivity is the same as if I did not have a screen protector. I know the pixel phones are expensive, but I choose to pay the price because of the things it does NOT have, Like the curved screen, Bloatware, and it just simply works great.

As for people complaining on battery life. Pixel battery life will improve as it learns your phone use habits. Don't start bashing them from the get go. This is what Google is all about, Learning your habits to make the best product available.

So lets start hearing what you like about your pixel 4 or 4 XL, and stop comparing it to Samsung and Apple.

My 1st impression is that it's simple and smooth, I transferred all my pictures, documents, settings from my old phone to my new phone and it only took a few minutes. I think I am going to love the new camera, and I did miss not having wireless charging on my old pixel so having wireless charging again will be appreciated on this one. You did a good job Google on developing the Pixel 4 and 4 XL and I buy your products cause you keep it simple, and it works.

This!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I like pixels, but they're overpriced just like their competitors, except the competitors give you more for the ridiculous price tag. I've never paid more than $400 for a smartphone, because I buy 1 to 2 year old flagships and am an extreme bargain hunter. If you need the latest and greatest and are willing to pay $1000-$1500 for your phone then you're the customer they're counting on ;-)

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
So I guess the moral of this story is, unless you want to start paying for my purchases, stop telling ME what to do with MY money. My life and my decisions aren't for you to understand or manage, stop acting like they are.

Best sentence I've seen here in years. Very, but incredible very well said!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
And Just like ALL Reviewers put the battery through the mud. Most normal people that own the Pixel isn’t trying to do that. They mostly want the phone to work for them and a battery to last.

Which I got, yesterday with my battery life and again today so far. I have no complaints.

I can’t believe that people honestly put 100% of their trust into these Reviews and Reviewers. I wouldn’t never let somebody on youtube decide if I buy something or not. Especially when it comes to electronics. I would take what they said into consideration. But them being my deciding factor .... hell no.

So all reviewers are wrong and you're right. Okay.

Here's the thing: bullsh** Chinese phones, those cheap ones that cost $500, have three cameras, 12GB RAM, larger batteries, and 256GB storage. For $500. What are you getting for $1000 on your Pixel 4 XL? Half the RAM, half the on-board storage, weak batteries, and two cameras. That's just absolute garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29