Google Calendar Notification Bug

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't change the notification tone for Google Calendar appointments to anything other than the built-in notification tones. If I set it to one of my custom notification tones it switches back to the default tone. The default tones aren't loud enough to wake me up! I haven't seen a fix for it online anywhere, but does anyone know how to access the built-in Google Calendar notifications? They're not the standard system notifications. If I can find these files I'd gladly just replace one with a notification tone I want to use for the time being. I've been using my old Samsung Seek as my calendar since I got my S3 because I can actually hear my Seek when it plays something from the calendar. >_<

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Bump.

If I set a notification tone other than a stock tone in Google Calendar, once I exit out of the settings screen it reverts to the default "Postman" tone. I really need something louder than a stock tone to wake me up in the morning over my noisemaker, and it would be a hassle to have to use another app to do this. Still hoping to find a fix or a workaround.

BigFace

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Got the same problem. Had to download an "alarm clock". Now I put info on calendar AND add time to clock.

Not being able to change notification for calendar, shutter sound unable to turn off and "Note", which worked on HTC EVO, will not open info on S3.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to get this "blue indicator" in place to finish typing.

I SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY
EVO 4G. SHE WAS THE BOMB!

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Still wish I knew how to fix this. I rooted my phone a while back so I'll find the files for the calendar and see if adding/replacing files there helps at all. I'll report back if I find anything of use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Easier than I thought to fix, but it requires root. I had an ogg file and I dropped it in /system/media/audio/notifications/ and named it similar to the other files there (no spaces, similar length, not that it probably mattered). I set it as the calendar notification tone and it didn't revert itself, and it worked on a test appointment I made in the calendar. Unfortunately I don't have a non-root solution.

So glad the calendar app can finally wake me up in the morning over my fan and noisemaker. DoubleTwist alarm was worth the $.25 I paid for it in the last Play sale but I'm glad I can go back to just using one app for appointments and alarms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress