"Unfortunately Samsung keyboard has stopped working"....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I get this damn message once every other day or so and it's really starting to grind my gears and it messes up my whole phone and makes it totally unusable for about a minute or so... anyone have any suggestions??

FoscoFox

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, clearing the app data only works temporarily. The 'Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped.' message comes back after a time. Why isn't Samsung weighing in on this? Sounds like it is something they should be addressing. Also, ever since the latest Android update [T-Mobile] this problem has occurred. I never saw it before then. Any new info on this very annoying issue? :confused:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, clearing the app data only works temporarily. The 'Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped.' message comes back after a time. Why isn't Samsung weighing in on this? Sounds like it is something they should be addressing. Also, ever since the latest Android update [T-Mobile] this problem has occurred. I never saw it before then. Any new info on this very annoying issue? :confused:

Since this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue and seems to be only a few isolated cases, most likely:
1. Samsung doesn't know about it.
2. Samsung feels that it is not an issue with the software but your particular setup.

I tend to agree. If it was an issue with their software your issues would be affecting a lot more phones.

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I get this damn message once every other day or so and it's really starting to grind my gears and it messes up my whole phone and makes it totally unusable for about a minute or so... anyone have any suggestions??

I use swiftkey3, It replaces the default keyboard and you shouldn't get the message after that.

kumarpal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re:ubfortunately .android keyboard has stopped

MY PLAY STORE HAS BEEN STOPPED N UNFORTUNtely urANROIAD KEY BOAR D HAS STOPPED COMES EVERY MINUTE I CANT USE GALAXY NEXUS PLZ DO D NEEDFULLI get this damn message once every other day or so and it's really starting to grind my gears and it messes up my whole phone and makes it totally unusable for about a minute or so... anyone have any suggestions??

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
MY PLAY STORE HAS BEEN STOPPED N UNFORTUNtely urANROIAD KEY BOAR D HAS STOPPED COMES EVERY MINUTE I CANT USE GALAXY NEXUS PLZ DO D NEEDFULLI get this damn message once every other day or so and it's really starting to grind my gears and it messes up my whole phone and makes it totally unusable for about a minute or so... anyone have any suggestions??

A good place to start would be to post this on the galaxy nexus forums instead of the GS3 forum. ;)

bunta

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm running into the same problem. my sgs3 is stock and every 2 mins i get a message "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard as stopped.". It makes the phone useless as it freezes, will run for a few and message pops back up. i would love a fix as this i super super annoying.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm running into the same problem. my sgs3 is stock and every 2 mins i get a message "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard as stopped.". It makes the phone useless as it freezes, will run for a few and message pops back up. i would love a fix as this i super super annoying.

Go to app manager. Find the keyboard and clear data. This will (I think) clear your custom dictionary though.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's still on sale... but a couple days ago I downloaded SwiftKey 3 for $1.99.... you will not regret the $2, well worth it!

nexus007

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
MY problem started with messages: 1) unfortunately, gmail has stopped, shortly after that 2) Process. gapp. hass stopped and finally 3) keyboard has stopped.

When I try to go to app store it force stops. I can't access anything on my phone. Samsung help? Anyone?

nexus007

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by particular set up?
I'm receiving unfortunately stopped messages for gmail, keyboard and process.gapp. It was working fine and suddenly these messages started popping up. I haven't changed anything.

I went into apps, cleared gmail and keyboard data... but the messages are still popping up? any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.

My app store force stops when i click it. also my keyboard isn't working so i can't access the app. any suggestions? thank you

This did not work. I also have a gmail stopped working message and a process gapp. has stopped message. When I try to click on the app store it closes down immediately. any suggestions?

thank you

Hi Joel,
Did you get this worked out? If yes, what did you do? I'm having the same nightmare of a problem. Except my message pops up everytime I try to type something.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ttartag

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
So is that the solution?? Reset to factory settings in order to get Gmail process to start working?
Is there something we can try before doing a restart?

KevinMB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I get the error "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" pretty much every day in the middle of texting, and I have to restart my phone by taking out the battery because the Samsung keyboard keeps trying to restart itself but it constantly fails and makes the phone unusable. The way it happens is the keyboard's response becomes supper slow (when I put my finger on a character, it types it 5 seconds later), and then the keyboard fails. Here is a screenshot of the error:

3064d1356103713-keyboard-stops-working-screenshot_2012-12-21-10-12-51.jpg

I contacted the Samsung support about this issue, and they told me to factory reset my phone. I reset my phone to factory defaults and only installed the essential apps, but I still have the problem. I loved the GS series up until now, but this issue is so annoying that it makes me want to go get another phone right now.

I have the AT&T version of Galaxy S3 btw.

RovrAllOvr

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
SAMSUNG needs to fix this ASAP - just have a new phone - had it for 3 weeks but it started doing this about a week ago. The clear data works for - wait for it - about 3 hours. This phone is REALLY annoying!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
SAMSUNG needs to fix this ASAP - just have a new phone - had it for 3 weeks but it started doing this about a week ago. The clear data works for - wait for it - about 3 hours. This phone is REALLY annoying!

Try another keyboard from the market. I'm sure it will resolve it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez