5ghz WiFi Issues - No Connections

budone

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues being able to connect to my 5ghz wifi at home.

My phone won't search for any 5ghz signals. Doesn't the wifi antenna allow for 5ghz signals or just 2.4ghz?

I've searched under the advanced tab of wifi for some sort of options, but there's nothing.

:confused:Any advice..........

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Known problem from what I have read.

There is a fix posted in the xda forums. You need to be rooted though.
Search for the user freeza

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any issues.

Just for giggles, try turning off the Sprint optimizer and see what happens.

(You may also want to reboot your modern to see if that helps.)

Swyped from my SPH-L710

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
We had an option to enable or disable selected bands. When the LG8 update hit that killed the option to select it.
People who had both bands on prior to that update still have access to 5ghz, like my self. Im connected to a 5ghz router at my office now.. But if you had the 5ghz band turned off, and the LG8 update hit, it permanently disabled the band. It was a known bug. Now that LI3 is out it seems to have not been addressed.
Download WiFi Analyzer, when it opens you have the option to select the 5GHZ band and see if your device actaully sees your router broadcasting its SSID.

budone

May 16, 2011
Visit site
We had an option to enable or disable selected bands. When the LG8 update hit that killed the option to select it.
People who had both bands on prior to that update still have access to 5ghz, like my self. Im connected to a 5ghz router at my office now.. But if you had the 5ghz band turned off, and the LG8 update hit, it permanently disabled the band. It was a known bug. Now that LI3 is out it seems to have not been addressed.
Download WiFi Analyzer, when it opens you have the option to select the 5GHZ band and see if your device actaully sees your router broadcasting its SSID.
Im currently using the Wifi Analyzer, but no 5ghz wifi networks appear. I'm thinking they don't appear due to the phone not having access to use them.

budone

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully some sort of official update will come out to fix this issue.
They're starting to push these phones out on false advertising with these updates now....smh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99